All reviews commercial st in town pat owner guests
Reviewed 10 August 2016

I can't review the house part because I stayed in the Motel Section, Room 5 with a King Bed. The Motel rooms are actually kind of nice (very dry would be my only complaint maybe since you need to run the AC when it's warm outside). Impeccably clean and a nice full bathroom and a small fridge. Basic but very clean and very comfortable beds. Your OWN parking spot. There is also an overhead ceiling fan for the extra warm nights. Ice machine outside that always has plenty of ice too. I enjoyed my stay and as I said the rooms impeccably clean. I'd like to see it as more of a bed and breakfast though. Wouldn't have to be anything fancy. Coffee, muffins, fruits and bagels or something. In order to even get a cup of coffee you have to walk to the main street. To be fair though, I knew this going in so she is up front about it. I'd go again but for a shorter stay. It's basic yes, but as I said very clean and has what you need to stay clean yourself and very comfortable bedding. Had a nice but small "patio" with a couple of umbrella tables for relaxing and getting to meet perhaps a few people that may use the patio also. She was very friendly to us and the room attendant as I said was truly outstanding. For the money spent though, it's a bit too basic. There is a shortcut to Atlantic Ave which comes out at the Boatslip which is a plus!

Room tip: The Motel Rooms are nice for short stays where all you need is basic. I can't speak for the house rooms.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Pat us amazing. She is very down to earth and can tell you about Provincetown places to check out. The room had a view of the Ptown tower. Beautiful room, great pillows, sheets are so soft!!! Location is ideal - the beach is right there. Pat gave us great recommendations. We were there with family from all over the country. The Portuguese Festival was during our visit. The parade went by the end of the street. We had a fabulous time here.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy R
Reviewed 6 September 2014 via mobile

After booking a condo 1 month out and being told to call when we arrived in town for the door code, the owners were MIA.
Having traveled and been up since 3:45a by the time 3p (checkin rolled in), we were less than amused by no response from condo owners.
A desperate search during Swim for Life for reasonably priced last minute booking ensued. After trying one more VRBO rental which wasn't available, that owner, Glenn, recommended call Patricia at the Bradford.
Explaining the situation to her, she welcomed us to come to the main house.

Despite having an injury and it being her birthday (happy birthday, Patricia!), she showed us 2 rooms in the house out back, cut us a deal on the room rate and sent us to our room with a bottle of wine. We loved her!
The place itself is reasonably priced for Provincetown with small fridge, balcony, new AC, ceiling fan and bath.
It's not fancy, yet not a dive. It's a fine place to stay with a very warm and welcoming host, who offered a very welcome port in a storm

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank neighborlydude
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We rented the penthouse for most of the week. It's a great room with a terrific view. The room is like a little cabin. Knotty pine walls and ceiling. There is a nice sitting area and a little refrigerator. Would be nice if they had a coffee maker in the room. Even dive hotels offer that. There is a huge deck off the room with plenty of seating. I must say that after a few days of walking up and down the outdoor steps we all had sore legs. The steps probably don't meet code. That aside, I recommend this place for a stay. Walking distance to active Provincetown.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Q G
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I have been staying at the Bradford House and Motel for the past 20 yrs. and I have never been disappointed. Pat the owner is always updating the rooms and takes great care to accommodate all the guests. You can conveniently walk to downtown Commercial street in a few minutes and yet be far enough away to be quiet and relaxing. The rooms are always comfortable, clean and spacious. Pat is great and friendly and will help with anything you need. This is my home away from home.

Date of stay: June 2013