All reviews high tide ocean side outdoor pool lobster roll private beach plimoth plantation continental breakfast an ocean view room lounge chairs hot tub bagels off season short drive close to town cape cod downtown plymouth new england
Reviewed 23 October 2018

I have been staying here for past 6,7 years. I have never written a review, strictly, because I didnt want anyone else finding it, and, therefore, driving up traffic/price.

I loved this place before they updated the place, and I loved it then.. Now that they updated bar/lobby area, it is BY FAR the best deal in Plymouth.

Dont be afraid when you pull up to this hotel....it is uninspiring from the outside, for sure. I hate places where my hotel room door is accessible to anyone- a 'motel', I guess?- but the rooms are like every most hotel rooms I have stayed in across the country: comfortable bed, flat-screen, clean, etc.

Pilgrim Sands best asset is it's super quiet, AND out back it has a huge deck , with beach chairs, DIRECTLY on the ocean. If you enjoy lying out, there is no other place in Plymouth that is on the water that I know of, and I have stayed in Plymouth a couple, maybe even, three dozen times, at all the different hotels.

The Sands has a full bar on the back deck, plus a few bar items: I got a couple of sub sandwhiches that were super fresh, & twice the meat and cheese you woul dexpect fro any place else in Mass.

There is a pool in the front parking lot, which they really should just get rid of- it makes the place look even cheaper and its, honestly, in the parking lot, surrounded by asphalt.
Luckily, there is an indoor pool, and accompanying jacuzzi that no one ever uses. Its clean. Its bright/surrounded y indoor windows, but its always empty since severall yards away is the back deck and ocean.

The lobby area has several tables over looknig the ocean. I stayed during a record cold spell- I believe it was 9 F at 7AM- and the view of the fog-covered ocean was unforgettable.

I see several reviews to the side as I write this, and they are 2, 3 stars at best! The place is definitely no frills, but to say its not clean, or comfortable, or accommodating is just false.

Keep staying away for my sake. Best place in Plymouth

Room tip: get the ocean view room for $40-50 more
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank HonestBoston
Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

Not really clean, very disappointing breakfast, dishwater coffee. Deserves a 6.2 rating. Light and fan in the bathroom stayed on all night. Wi-fi did not work
The place needs a lot of TLC to say the least.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank pr-lil
Reviewed 14 October 2018

We stayed at the Pilgrim Sands for a wedding recently that was held at Plimouth Plantation. We arrived at night and found the hotel on the side of the busy route. It looked like a cheap motel. The check-in process was smooth and easy. We got to our room and found it to be newly renovated, but somewhat cheaply done. Some things about the room and property: the shower leaked because the curtain was too short, the beds were double-sized, the WiFi didn't work in our room (we had to go to the lobby/breakfast area to work), the towels were scratchy and thin....

And it wasn't cheap by any means....we paid approximately $350 for two nights. It felt way overpriced. The hotel is on the water, which is great, but we were there in October, during a storm. There was no way we were going to enjoy the beachfront. The staff were kind and accommodating, but I would suggest looking elsewhere for accommodations in this area.

Room tip: waterfront rooms seem to be larger
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank artsyamys
Reviewed 1 October 2018

The rooms are decent sized, and clean, and the beds are better than average.
The carpet in the halls is held together with duct tape.
Bathrooms are clean, but the shower head is this tiny thing that barely emits any water.
The indoor pool is full of chemicals and tastes awful.
The included breakfast is pretty crummy - toast and cereal.
Bar scene is a pretty desperate AARP crowd.
Wifi works in the lobby, but doesn't reach the rooms, so really there's no WiFi.

BEWARE of online booking: We online-booked an upstairs sea view room with a balcony (described & pictured on the website) but arrived to find we were downstairs. Person at the front desk said they can't do anything about it. Not sure if it was bait & switch or just technical stupidity, but my wife was pretty unhappy about it.
So if you want the room you're paying for, call them instead of doing it online.

I'd not stay here again.

Room tip: Book via phone, NOT online
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank dlchambers
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Stayed 3 nights over the past weekend - crows nest rm. 302. Past experience with the hotel was wonderful! Went every year for a week for 10 plus years. Hadn't stayed there for around 3 yrs. and looked forward to a wonderful time. What a disappointment. New owners in the past two years have brought this hotel down in so many ways. Filthy hall way carpeting which was patched with various colors of old carpet and taped down with duct tape. Obvious lack of maintenance workers and maids. Hurricane damage from months ago still not fixed, outside wall has not been rebuilt in a large area. Our apt. had one love seat that was so bad that we had to sit on pillows to keep from sagging. The only other seats were 2 office type chairs-hard and not at all comfortable. The floors were dirty, there was broken glass on the steps leading into the apt., there were 2 butter knives, 4 forks,and various other pcs. of kitchen ware. Oven had been recently cleaned inside but the handles were so dirty that I had to clean them to feel safe touching the oven door. The porch overlooking the ocean and street side had railings that were wobbling and felt unsafe, the porch furniture was stained and broken -not to mention the gull poop all over the lounge chairs. The kitchen set and bedroom furniture is the same that was there when we stayed years ago- all chipped and missing stain on the seats. Many small things and apparently the new owners don't care! They are appealing to the "one night stay" people on the hotel side. Now have a bar and music which you can hear from around 6 till around 10 at night. The rm. 301 next to us had a couple that kept us awake until 3:30 AM that obviously had too much to drink and were so loud that it sounded like they were in our room!!! Unfortunately, we will not ever stay here again unless the new owners figure out how to run a hotel and realize that they need to update these apts. and add some furniture! This used to be a great place, lots of families and people that came every year. From what we have read and heard, they aren't returning either! How sad. The ocean view is fabulous, wish I could say the same for the hotel!

Room tip: Dont stay in the crows nest apts. Sounds like they updated some hotel rooms though.
Date of stay: September 2018