“Great lunch”

The British Beer Company
Ranked #66 of 224 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped here on our way to W Dennis for a bite to eat and to quench our thirst. The waitress recommended a nice white wine for the ladies, and a fine local ale for the gents. We had the crab cake sliders which were excellent, and we thoroughly enjoyed sitting outside eating our meal.

We were promptly seated, and our waitress was friendly cheerful and efficient. We certainly would visit again.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Visited on a Thursday evening. Was seated right away, which was great, but they didn't offer us seating outside on the patio (would have preferred sitting there). I imagine the noise level would have been quieter outside.

My husband had the fish & chips, which was a good size portion of fish, and the French fries were crispy (in a good way). It also came with a small side of tangy cole slaw.

I had the Mac-n-cheese with the optional sausage. It was just okay. Not a ton flavor. And the unsweetened iced tea was completely flavorless.

Wait staff was pleasant.

We weren't overly impressed. Nothing worth racing back for.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

WE had the chili, french onion soup, crab cakes, and tuna. All was just average except for the crab cakes they were exceptional.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

They serve English fare , have hundreds of draft beers and best sweet potato fries ever had anywhere!

Reviewed 9 October 2016

Really good food...BUT...really high chair too get in it. I can't get up to my table. I have to the waitress pull me up to the table.

Really good food. Pre-paid dinner.