New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“A night from hell.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

We're regulars at Hampton Inns - my husband uses them for work and is a silver member. We took the kids to the Plantation and surprised them with a stay at their favorite hotel. But no more. We always request a room on the top floor away from the elevator, for obvious reasons. The smiling clerk was pleased to tell us that she'd accommodated our needs - I explained that we ask because it means it's usually quieter. However she neglected to inform us that we were on the same floor as a wedding party. And what a group of trashy, nasty people they were. At midnight the noise started. Banging doors. Banging ON our door. Running up and down the corridor, screaming, swearing, swearing some more. By 2am the police were called twice. It can only be described as terrifying - especially for our daughter (7) who was crying. Screaming, fighting, and drinking outside the hotel. And ONE mild-mannered staff member on duty, powerless to take charge. No manager. My husband even encountered a drunk, apparently drugged individual answering the house phone whilst the staff member escorted the police upstairs. He demanded he call a manager. No one came. You can't describe in words how these people behaved.
We were shocked to find a bill under the door the next morning. The morning staff were polite, apologetic and of course didn't charge us. We were told the manager was off till Tuesday and would call. No call has arrived yet - 16 days later. Our formal complaint emailed to Corporate over a week ago remains unanswered. They've given us 3,000 measly points to compensate. No one has called to maintain customer relations.
The behavior of the guests is one thing. But failing to take care of the other guests is another. And who puts ONE staff member on duty at night when there's wedding parties in the hotel?!
Hampton Inns, you can do better than this. Shocking. Awful. Never again. It irks me to give even one star.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank J Y
smuentes, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Dear JY,

We again cannot apologize enough for that night! We try our very best and have NEVER had an issue like that one before; we host tons of weddings year round in this area. I do hope that you do try Hampton Inns again.
Also, as for a phone call. A call was made and 2 voicemails were left with the phone number that was given. I am sorry that you did not receive them. Making our guests happy is our number one priority!

I hope you and your family have a great Holiday Season.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

We are somewhat local so generally don't have the opportunity to utilize the hotels close to home but needed a night so we chose the Plymouth Hampton Inn. What a lovely hotel! The people working at the desk yesterday during check-in were super nice, as are the the morning shift folks this morning. The hotel is SPOTLESS, and I mean SPOTLESS, the beds are fabulous, internet is free, and a fabulous hot breakfast is also included . Hotels like this one are the reason we continue to frequent Hilton over the other hotel chains.

If you are visiting the area and need a nice, restful night of sleep with fantasic service (and did I mention clean?) choose this Hampton Inn. Great job!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank clamchowda
smuentes, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth, responded to this review, 31 October 2011
Hello Clamchowda,

Thank you very much for taking the time to do survey about your stay with us. We appreciate all guest feedback. We are so glad to see that you enjoyed your time with us! Please do come back again!
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

Stayed here for three nights. My room was comfortable, clean and quiet. The hotel offers the standard Hampton amentites(business center, pool, jacuzzi) and all were clean and in good working order. The property seems to be newer. Staff was very nice and it seemed they enjoy being there. There are some limited restaurant choices close to the hotel(Bertucci's, Chilis and a Taco bell) are within walking distance. My only issues are the location and sinage on the building. The property is situated in an office park/mall type setting, kind of out of the way and there was one sign painted on the front of the building that was unilghted. Makes it difficult to find, especially after dark. but if you follow your directions carefully, you will get there. I would stay here again if my travels brought me to this area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank raff622
smuentes, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth, responded to this review, 28 October 2011
Hi Raff622,
Thank you for your Trip Advisor survey. We appreciate all guest feedback. I am sorry to see you had a hard time finding us! I promise we are working on a better signage. I hope that your travels do bring you back to Plymouth and that you choose to stay with us again.

Thank you very much!
Westfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

I travel mainly for business, so I don’t spend lots of time in my room. I want a clean, comfortable room, with a nice work space and good internet. I got almost all of that. I was assigned a handicapped room (I didn’t care, I like first floor rooms). My guess is it wasn’t used in a while. There were cobwebs and dust bunnies floating around (not the end of the world, but what else might be lurking?). The bed and bedding were clean and comfortable. The room’s décor seemed a bit dated for a newer looking hotel. The internet was fast and free. The bath had no issues. I wasn’t sure how to work the handicap shower, but I quickly learned. The room’s iron was broken, as I discovered as I tried to iron a shirt. It must have been dropped, because as I ironed, water came flooding out the sides, ruining my shirt. Alas, I had a spare shirt. It took a bit of doing (I had to be a bit unpleasant, nobody seemed to know where the spares were) but I got a new iron from the front desk.

There is a chain restaurant about 20 feet from the lobby. There are about 6 or 7 eateries within walking distance. The hotel is located on the far end of a large shopping plaza. Parking isn’t a problem. This hotel is close to all the main roads. Overall, I might stay there again, or I might try the Hilton Garden Inn down the road.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank NTB15
Good Day NTB15,
Thank you for taking the time to-do a Trip Advisor survey about your time with us. We appreciate all guest feedback. I hope that you do stay with us and not go anywhere else! We try to make sure that guests are always comfortable, I am sorry that you were not a 100% satisfied but we do hope you give us another chance!

Thank you.
Worthing, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

We recently spent 4 nights at The Hampton Inn and Suites and can highly recomend it.As Plymouth has a strict attitude towards signage in the area(we were told by the hotel)you stand a very good chance of never finding the property!It is situated at the very back of a carpark that is several acres in size,with just a couple of dozen shops around the perimeter of the carpark.Even when you are in the carpark and can see the hotel,it is a complete maize of dead ends,restaurant parking etc to reach the front door..However,the hotel was excellent,with some of most comfortable beds I have ever slept in,quality linen,very helpfull front desk staff and an excellent,generous complimentary breakfast.There is free computer access for those of us who don't own one,available 24 hours a day,a pool and hot- tub,and a gymm.The hotel has a few eating places within a walk(again,in the carpark!)but not a great deal of choice.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank angela c
Hello Angela C,
Thank you for doing a Trip Advisor survey about your stay with us. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us!
I am sorry that you had a hard time finding us. We are right next to a few restaurants that help with letting guest know where we are. And for restaurants, I am sorry to see you did not think we had a good amount of choices. There are quite a few right next door and we are only 10 minutes from the waterfront with restaurants too.

I hope if you visit us again you choose us! Thank you so much!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
5.1 km away
12.4 km away
Mirbeau Inn & Spa at The Pinehills
4.6 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth? Share your experiences!