“Just like Nonis ”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

This food reminds me of Sunday dinners with the family, the pizza is delicious. Could use some training in the waitress department we could tell she was a long term worker but very misrable. Other than that we loved every minute of our dinner there .

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank tjkelsey

Reviewed 18 September 2016

Thanks to favorable reviews by other TripAdvisor members, I chose Papa Joe's Ristorante & Pizzeria as my lunch place in Pittsfield. It was a great choice!

I went for the Lunch Buffet at $7.99. As I approached the walk-up counter, I overheard two gals commenting on their experience with the Lunch Buffet. Both said it was so good that they ate too much. And, no wonder, because everything here is homemade.

The Lunch Buffet had a salad bar plus three different regular pizzas, a deep dish Chicago-style pizza with Italian sausage, baked ziti, meatballs, pesto spaghetti, and some other items. There was some type of meat in brown gravy. Although it looked good, I didn’t try it. I was after the meatballs for my protein.

From the salad bar, I had better greens, grape tomatoes, and a balsamic vinaigrette.

I had a slice of a veggie pizza that was excellent. It was cooked perfection with a slightly crisp bottom crust. I also tried a piece of the Chicago-style pizza. The toppings were very good, but the crust was too thick and doughy for my liking.

The meatballs and sauce were fabulous! The sauce was nice and thick. The meatballs were moist, tender, and delicately seasoned. They were so good that I wound up eating three of them. Those gals were right about eating too much!

I took a small sample of the pesto spaghetti. That was interesting and very good.

There were small slices of a white Italian layer cake with frosting, made by Uncle Paulie, for dessert, but I didn’t try it. Next time perhaps.

I found authentic Italian food at Papa Joe's Ristorante & Pizzeria. Everything was very good. The décor isn’t fancy, but the cuisine borders on greatness. My rating is a 4.75.

If you found this review helpful, please click THANK below.

Date of visit: September 2016
2  Thank Maurene_K
Reviewed 17 September 2016

Didn't want to go anywhere after we arrived and ordered a pizza and subs for delivery to the hotel. Loved the Sicilian Pizza!! They make their own sauces and bread and it tastes great!! Meatballs are their homemade and great...I also ordered a loaf of their Italian bread and sliced it and toasted it every morning with my coffee in my hotel which had a full kitchen in the room. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this place.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank Deejaye923
Reviewed 30 August 2016

Really enjoyed our thin crust pizza! Papa Joe's is very casual and the service was friendly and good. It was obvious that there were returning customers, which is always a good sign!! There were a lot of choices on the menu as well, even the pizza selections.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank mjgogel50
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

My sister was hungry and it was approaching lunchtime so we decided to go to Papa Joes... really awesome Italian food.. love the BBQ Chicken Pizza, regular pizza with a ton of toppings, meatballs are excellent and chicken parmesan is good too... delicious and freshly made!! Give it a try... old school homemade Italian taste!

Date of visit: August 2015