“Nice last minute res. Dinner”
Review of Rainbow Restaurant

Rainbow Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 181 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 December 2017

Just arrived in town for New Years weekend and discovered this place. Got a nice res., enjoyed the live jazz trio as well. Everything was great: Caesar salad big enough to share, calamari was fresh, seared ahi tuna very nicely done. Made to order pasta and pizza (wood fired) and reasonable well made martini and ample draught beer selections. Our server was Adam and he was great! Sorry, service , food , value review selection was not working... but all were 5 of 5

RainbowRestaurant, Owner at Rainbow Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Thank you so much for your five star rating and taking the time to fill out the review. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again! Happy New Year!

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We chanced upon this restaurant as we were driving around Pittsfield looking for a place to eat. The food tasted delicious. We had the daily special. The french fries were fresh made, and the sandwich was very good. We did not care for the coleslaw that came with the meal. The restaurant is decorated with old movie posters, which was interesting. There is outside seating in warmer weather.Our only complaint was that it was somewhat dark for reading the menu. And the parking lot is small with limited parking spaces. We would return to this restaurant.

RainbowRestaurant, Owner at Rainbow Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Thank you so much for your review. Your detailed comments are very helpful in striving to make our patrons dining experience become a five star experience. Luckily we do have our own parking lot in downtown Pittsfield but if that should fill there is on street parking in front. Also you may not know that a few yards down there is a metered public municipal parking lot which is free weekdays after 5 pm and free all weekends. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

My friends took me there on my second night only slightly apprehensive as it is just off highway. They talked about the great Italian food but I was overwhelmed. Not only could you design your own pizza and pasta dishes but there was a special menu. For a very modest price, one of the dishes was little purses filled with pears and marscapone cheese in a garlic sauce. The serving was so large that and the quality unbelievable. I have traveled to various parts of Italy and eaten in restaurants there and in NYC and Philadelphia and never had better pasta. Pasta home made, Filling was unbelievable with just the right balance between the ingredients. Was sorry they had run out of the starter I had wanted but it allowed for an excellent dessert. The waitress was knowledgeable about the menu and preparation. There was a clear interest in making this a dining experience at every level. Price was modest, good wine selection and I am hesitant to give this write up lest the restaurant become overrun. The pasta I had for 23 dollars would have been twice the price in Philadelphia, three time the price in NYC and well worth every penny. Atmosphere was warm but gave no hint of the food to come.

RainbowRestaurant, Owner at Rainbow Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

We want to thank your friends for honoring us and bringing you (their guests) to our establishment. We are thrilled that we had met all your (and their) expectations. I personally remember stopping by your booth #19 where you said the very same to me that night. Thank you for taking the added extra time from your schedule to write your rave review of the Rainbow Restaurant, it is much appreciated and taken as an extra added compliment. We would love to see you and serve you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Aside from good food and reasonable prices Rainbow restaurant gives back to the community by being one of the sponsors of Pittsfield Shakespeare in the Park each summer.

RainbowRestaurant, Owner at Rainbow Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Thank you for being a patron of The Rainbow and the arts in Pittsfield. We appreciate your review and it is our pleasure to give back to our community who has given so much to us. Shakespeare in the Park was a success this year thanks to good people as yourself.
Look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I spent the afternoon at the Clark Museum in Williamstown and met my brother at the Rainbow Restaurant afterward. I was really impressed by the quality and selection of the food. It was fresh-made including the wonderful minestrone soup. For an appetizer, we shared hummus with veggies and warm pita bread. Then I had a gigantic Caeser salad with two grilled chicken skewers on top. They had the biggest, freshest anchovies I've ever tasted (optional!). I can't wait to go back and try other items on their menu. What a nice treat to have found this place.

RainbowRestaurant, Owner at Rainbow Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Linda; Thank you for choosing the Rainbow after your visit to the Clark. I myself went there with my daughter on Saturday wasnt the Pablo Picasso exhibit a wonderful addition to the great permanent exhibits always on display!
But most importantly thank you for taking the time to write the review it is much appreciated. We are looking forward to serving you again.
Luisa