US$219
US$190
Homewood
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody(Peabody)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$193
Groupon.com
US$187
US$183
All reviewsroom was cleanitalian restaurant next doorworked finebuffet breakfastwould stay here againlogan airportvery nice staysausagewafflesbostonsuitehighwaymilesroutecotlynnreward
Reviewed 18 September 2017

The room was nice and comfortable and the parking was adequate. The front desk was very helpful and polite, nothing bad I can say about the hotel or the restaurant adjoining. However the traffic is a nightmare, you have only one way to exit and that is onto US1 north. How to get to US1 south is anyone's guess as the signage is awful and the drivers were less than friendly, even my GPS seemed to be confused. Wound up taking Uber to the train station, did not really get to explore the surrounding area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2017

When I booked the hotel I had expectations that it would be a standard Holiday Inn especially since I was staying as part of a wedding block. Upon arrival the lobby looked nice, however, when entering the hallways/stairwell the appearance quickly changed. On our way to our room, the smell of marijuana was very prominent on our floor. We were placed right by the ice machine (that made noise all night) in this large hotel with hundreds of rooms.

Now these things weren't bad, just not what we were expecting. When we entered the room, we immediately noticed that there was what appeared to be blood all over the lamp, and the headboard had a large stain and slices in it. It was absolutely disgusting! Also, the shower had a dirty wet face cloth in the bottom! We were in a hurry to get to a wedding, so unfortunately could not fight to switch the room in enough time.

Additionally, there was no where to sit and the room looked as if the furniture was missing. No chair or loveseat, just a computer chair.

I informed the guest services agent, and he replied that there were 20 rooms in the hotel that have not been renovated, and ours was one of them. Why would you put someone in that room who is paying $155/night for a hotel that is normally less than $99? The concern I had was not with the lack of renovation, but rather than cleanliness of the room. The guest services agent did not apologize or offer any discount; simply said they will make a note to renovate that room first.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie W
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Hi Natalie W,

Thank you for your candid review and for staying with us. We appreciate all feedback, both positive and constructive. I am very sorry for the conditions of the room you received and the level of service you've received from one of our staff. We strive to leave our guests with a positive lasting impression and can see that we have fallen short of our goal. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We have stayed here a few times the last few years with last weekend being the most recent. Very nice rooms. Clean, no frills and perfect for a night or 2. Highly recommend if you need a great hotel in the area. Can't be beat.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Breakfast: Got breakfast for just 94 cents for 2 adults when booking in advance. It was worth 94 cents but not much more. Very skimpy offering with only one standout: what appeared to be freshly made scrambled real eggs, which I got just as they were restocked. There were also sausage patties and hard bacon, both of which probably had been out since opening. One serving dish was labeled “French toast” but was actually rubbery pancakes. There was some whole fruit: apples, oranges, and banana, etc. and a few pastries. There was no table service; people were even taking their dirty plates and such to an area over by the kitchen door. On the second and last day, the breakfast was somewhat better. There was some sliced fruit as well; cantaloupes, melons, pineapple, etc., the dish labeled French toast had French toast, and the meats seemed fresher. I have had better at most Holiday Inns and even had more choices at most Holiday Inn Expresses and similar. Some healthy options need to be added such as the egg white omelets and turkey sausage that most HI Expresses now offer with their “free” buffet”, but it was worth 94 cents but not the normal $11 charge!
Room: Stopper in tub didn’t do what it was supposed to do so I had to stuff a washcloth in the drain so I could take a bath. Safe in closet was broken-when I asked at the front desk, I was told that all of the safes, which are only in the suites, I believe, didn’t work and that 10 or so were on order? Wifi was good but required signing on at the beginning every 8 hours or so. Since the building is older and much better built than the properties they throw up quickly today, the suite we had was very quiet with good soundproofing. It was also extremely well cleaned, both when we arrived and on the day in between our 2 nights. There were even a few settings of French made dinnerware available in the cabinets, but we didn’t use them. There was plenty of hot water but it takes time to get hot-once hot then very good. Comfortable bed. Mostly clean room but very dated. I walked around barefooted and didn’t have dirty feet so carpet was clean but old and thin and in need of replacement as were most of the interior decorations in the room. The suite had a fridge, microwave, and a Keurig coffee maker The was also a 4 person eating table as well. Both rooms had TVs. The one in the living room worked fine except the ABC channel had no signal. We never turned on the one in the bedroom. We barely heard any noise despite all the traffic around the hotel as the hotel sits in the middle of several busy highways with only one point of access-off northbound US 1. If heading south, one has to do U-turn at 129 exit just south of the hotel. If you miss that chance, you have to go all the way to Saugus-another 2-3 miles there and back!
General: Very slow main elevator-they have second one, and it’s probably as ancient as the main one?I realize that they need to maximize the use of space, but the parking lot is not big enough when they have a large wedding as they did our first night and a Sunday morning strip mall-type church group taking up lots of space our first morning?
Check-in and Check-out: Front desk was welcoming. I had been upgraded from king to a 2 room king suite a few days before my arrival. We also arrived just before noon, and a room was ready.
In conclusion, I would be glad to stay here again on a future trip to this part of Boston. We found some good restaurants nearby: Jade’s and Sylvan’s in particular. Once I learned how to navigate and get around the restrictions of Route 1, I felt a bit more at ease, but this same traffic pattern affects all places on Route 1 from Chelsea to Danvers. Leaving this place can be tricky if you’re not using the exit just north of the hotel and have to move quickly over to the left with the fast moving traffic, but we did it! The staff were all very nice, the cleaning staff did an excellent job, everything seemed safe, and even the 94 cent breakfast was worth the price. It is an older property but well maintained and very well cleaned and with great service. If you want a newer, prefabricated building with less sound proofing, then stay elsewhere, but you will still have to deal with Route 1!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Day manager was very nice and helpful but I think next time I'll pay a little more and stay someplace else. Room was very old but clean. The room didn't have a refrig but when I called they brought one to us...very nice about it also.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Phyllis S,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to know you liked the friendliness and the service you received from our staff. On the side note, I am sorry you were not well satisfied with your room. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M