All reviews room was clean would stay here again staff was friendly visit salem sausage waffles boston miles route lynn traffic ma gps gloucester
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

DO NOT STAY HERE. Horrible. My boyfriend and I stayed a few days during Halloween weekend to visit Salem. Although it is cheaper than the hotels directly in Salem, it's not worth the discounted price. We paid extra on our bill to have a free breakfast each day, only to find out that it indeed was not free and they wanted $12 a person. So why did we get charged but couldn't eat? Also our sheets were stained and had other people's hair all over them when we got in the first day, ew. The carpets are also horribly stained with who even knows what. Half the outlets in the room didn't work. There's also no fridge or safe, so we didn't have housekeeping come those two days seeing as we had no safe place to put our belongings! Speaking of house keeping, they walked in on us at 8 am!! That's pretty early to be coming in people's rooms, especially when it's a small hotel and check in isn't until 3, so there's no reason to walk in on us (while we were changing mind you) so incredibly early. Will never stay here again

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2016

Dear Kristen O,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and staying with us. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay due to the breakfast program encountered, cleanliness of the carpets, room outlets and housekeeping service. I want to assure you we are very proud of our level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in us and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

Zelyn N.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Peabody October 7-10 2016. I had originally booked a 2 room King Suite, plus breakfast for 3 days. It was pricey, but we wanted the extra space. The day prior to check in, I received a call from the night manager - I'm sorry but I do not recall her name. She had a heavy accent, and I was in the car, so we had a hard time with the conversation. She was assigning rooms for the next day, and calling to confirm that our room request was for 2 queens or a king bed. I was clear in that I had requested the extra space of a suite, but had no preference when it came to the bed size. The lady said that she was assigning us to the 4th floor. When we arrived on October 7th to check in we discovered that she had assigned us a King Room on the 4th floor, but not a suite as requested. The desk clerk assured us this was one of their best rooms. Really? It was a standard King hotel room with a fridge and microwave - nothing spectacular. However, she did comp us our breakfast for the 3 days to make up for the error in room assignments. The hotel was very busy that weekend, so the 1 elevator worked - a lot. The only thing to watch out for is trying to get out of the parking lot as you can only turn right - directly onto a multi lane highway. Slightly terrifying if you're a nervous driver!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2016

Room didn't have microwave or fridge; unsure if some may have. TV would not go on but front desk responsive and maintenance came and resolved within 15 minutes. Then there was no signal for CBS and this was fixed on the following day. Bed/pillows comfortable. "Fan Only" button on ac/heat unit not operational. Bathroom somewhat updated and comfortable. Someone on tour slipped on tub; there were no rubber mats.

Continental breakfast was excellent in terms of quality and choices but flavored creamers would have been nice for guests who prefer flavored coffee. Breakfast room staff very nice.

Tour leader had some issues at check-in which we were not aware at the time. However, we received either cookies or chocolates in our rooms with an apology. Later the tour guide explained why.

Room Tip: Rooms can involve a long walk from entrance and/or elevators so guests with mobility issues should request rooms that avoid this.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2016

Dear Remie,

The Holiday Inn & Suites Peabody, MA, would like to thank you and your group for your stay and the taking the time to put in a review.

We are sorry that you were not satisfied with the lack of amenities in the room particularly the absence of a microwave and fridge and the air conditioning system not fully operational. But it is great to know that you found the staff very accommodating, both at reception and at the restaurant, where you enjoyed a wonderful breakfast.

We hope to host your tour group again the future, if not here, then at the other properties we have.

Wazay P.
IHG Service

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

So my wife and I went to stay at this hotel for a friends wedding early October. From the phone calls requesting information to staying there was a nightmare. I had called prior to staying there to find out when transportation will be provided to take a wedding party to its final destination. First attempts I got a hang up, then a 10 minute hold which caused me to call back, then "I don't know I'm only the night shift person". Really? I'm disappointed and surprised that the staff knew nothing. They told me to call back in the morning. Even the manager gave me a nasty cold attitude and insisted I call the next day. ****now the next day they still didn't know and by the time we got there for check in nothing was posted. The wedding gift bags has the info and thus left a copy out for the rest of the group to know. I had to do the work!!!! They hiring? Now from there I was observing several guests on how they were treated and how the rooms were not properly prepped. Guests had to wait, and rooms were being double booked!!! The night staff especially when I was there wasn't very pleasant at all for it took several attempts to get room service. And mind the room service, or the night shift person wasn't allowed to leave his desk because he was the only one there..... even though he did so for other guests. The sheets to the bed looked used and not cleaned at all and thus requested fresh sheets which I had to go and get myself. After all this I'm glad to be in my own bed and home where services are top notch.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Dear Erik P,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback. Everything we do is aimed at providing our guests with excellent service and comfortable accommodations, however, we regret to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon and be of further assistance.

Grace P.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

I have stayed at other holiday inn's before, and really haven't had a bad experience. Really still haven't

The check in/out was fast and easy, room was clean and quiet. Few issues I had is that there isn't a mini fridge, and breakfast was $11 per person extra.

For the price of the hotel, one would assume that breakfast was included. NOPE.....

One could definitely find more for their money here.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Dear JTaylor82290,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate our check in process and the cleanliness of our room. However, I was concerned to see that you were not overly impressed with our hotel due to the unavailability of a mini fridge and our breakfast charges. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team for further review and evaluation.

Again, thank you for the review and I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,