All reviews cape cod family run no frills great pool bagels deck motel beaches backyard summer refrigerator rock
Reviewed 9 October 2018

We had a spectacular time at Olde Tavern Motel and Inn. It is located within walking distance to so many places (restaurants, shopping) and Rock Harbor, is merely a short ride! Samantha, her little baby, her son and brother were just so warm and friendly! The rooms are beautiful, clean and spacious.Each room has a Keurig, and they supply the coffee pods and creamer and sugar! Their continental breakfast offers something for everyone! This family goes out of their way to make your stay a truly delightful time!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

The staff here are very nice and helpful. They keep the place clean. It’s set off a bit from the road so noise isn’t a problem. They have had some recent moderate renovations but could do a bit more with this place. My biggest issue is that the rooms have a bit of a mildew odor that is common in a lot of motels in beach areas. I suppose it might be a tough issue with guests going to the beach a lot in the summer. After that improved beds and bedding would be nice as well to make it more comfy. It’s not on the beach but there are a lot of great beaches nearby. The pool is nice. All in all not bad for a motel but could be better to make it more on par with what you might get at somewhere like the Courtyard in Hyannis. Maybe I’ve been spoiled a little by traveling a lot on the company dime but I wanted to give feedback that was honest and constructive. Better doors and locks would be a nice addition as well. I’ve never had a problem in this area but since Hyannis isn’t too far away it might be a nice addition.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Staff was friendly and check in was easy, but have to say this was by far the most run down hotel I’ve ever stayed in. The tub was really bad and the wood was peeling and missing on most of the doors and cabinets. There was mold on the bathroom windows and around the air conditioner. Furniture was stained and old. The musty smell made it really hard to sleep. Stay somewhere else. We used it as a place to lay our heads due to an in town event. We left at 6am just to get out of there.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank reviewer33633
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Okay, if you’re looking for value but not perfect, this is a very reasonably priced motel in the heart of every attraction on Cape Cod. Our kids LOVED the large inground pool which was nicely maintained. The rooms need updating but great shower pressure. Beds comfy with lots of pillows. Didn’t charge for a cot. Fridge in room which was great. AAA discount saved us a chunk of money. Housekeeping was excellent. Host was very helpful- great family atmosphere.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2017

The positives of this motel are the back porches and the setback from the road so it tends to be quieter. The rooms are average for an older motel but the bathrooms are not acceptable for today's standards. The Ad said the motel was "remodeled", but that term is inaccurate. The place was refreshed in appearance only. I had a terrible experience here and had to move 3 times in 11 days. To start, the mattresses are so hard-- they feel like you are sleeping on the floor. The bath is not remodeled, but just has a new toilet! The floors are cracked tile, tons of grout everywhere in the shower, old sinks. The showers go hot then cold. The furniture is acceptable but dated. I would stay anywhere else if this location is desirable. The breakfasts here were falsely advertised as yogurt, fruit, juice coffee, muffins, etc. The juice and fruit was provided only 2 days, there was NO yogurt as advertised. Breakfast consists of bleached white bagels and cream cheese, good coffee, sugar-laden cereals with no other normal options like plain raisin bran. I asked for an orange one day because I saw guests with them and she said she had "put out enough already". The first room I was given that they knew needed a part in the bath faucet that was leaking should never have be rented. When I told the clerk about the leak they said they are going to remodel the baths in the winter"!!!!! She was notified twice the drip was getting worse. She didn't care. By the 7th day the entire room was a steam bath. The shower would be hot and then go freezing cold. I was moved to another room with a bed so hard it caused pain all night and no sleep, then to a third room (each time a 40 minute ordeal to move everything). The final straw was when I returned at 10 pm to find there had been no maid service and no towels. The owner does not answer the phone after 9pm so if you loose a key you are out of luck! They won't refund anything even when service is not provided and that is part of the room fee, so don't pre-pay! This place is very unprofessionally run and I would never recommend it. Booking.com compensated me for the breakfasts they stopped serving after Columbus day, but the room rate stays the same. Just a complete nightmare of a stay.

Room tip: All rooms are OK if you don't mind showers that need to be replaced and hard beds.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 703worldtraveler
Sharon M, Manager at Olde Tavern Motel & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

I am so sorry to hear you were not happy with your stay but I would like to clarify some points. We were VERY accommodating. We moved you because first, there was a plumbing issue - which could happen to anyone, anytime, even in your own home. Then, you could not find a bed that suited you. Unfortunately, it is near impossible to provide the exact bed firmness/softness for every persons preference. Almost every aspect of our 3rd generation motel was criticized by you and as a small mom & pop business, we took it very hard. Our reviews show that we have improved greatly and have had some very positive feedback. Our guest have been coming for decades. Sadly, you did not see the old school charm this motel embraces. We have updated rooms, new beds, new linens, freshly painted interiors and overhauled exterior. No, we are not a fancy chain motel but then that's why our returning guest love us. As for the breakfast, it is listed as Continental, yet we go above and beyond that with assorted fresh fruits, 4-6 kinds of bagels, assorted cream cheeses, jams and butters, along with 3 kinds of cereal...Fruit Loops for the kids, Cheerios, Raisin Bran and/or Corn Flakes. Nowhere does it mention yogurt is served daily. It is served in the summer but once off season hits, we scale back the breakfast. Again, it was free and it had been thoroughly enjoyed by our visitors all summer, as well as you coming in every morning to dine. You were here 10 days and room service was missed once only because you kept requesting to change rooms and it was hard to keep up with your room assignment. In essence, you were not happy here at all. You complained about the lobby, the signage out front, the rooms. I feel certain, that this was not your caliber of motel and you would be better suited staying at high end hotels that have the perks and amenities you are seeking. One final note, there is no daily fee for breakfast or housekeeping so when you requested a refund for those, there was none to give....however, we did refund you for 2 full nights stay. I didn't see that mentioned so just wanted to assure you that you knew it was us that refunded you and not booking.com.

Again, I am sorry you were not happy staying with us.

-Noelle, Front Desk Mgr