“They’re Cook’en”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

On the Cape it’s hard to find authentic food that’s not fried- however, the Beacon has a universal signature in dishes that still connects to the cape as well as using their own style of spices and marinades. While I have not found a 10 in Orleans on the Cape for casual fare, this restaurant is a seven in my book- Land Ho (except for the exceptional oysters only, a three). Beacon has a great bar (order more Rose, we drank the last bottle), and an atmosphere that’s uplifting. The service is gracious, requests from the kitchen difficult (although there are ample selections for GF options). The chef needs to trust him/herself more to break to the next level. Requests = passion for making customers happy, and will seek you out: trust your level of skill, you’re close to being why you entered the restaurant business to begin with. See you next visit.

2  Thank Tana A

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Our B & B hosts had never been here and had no major thoughts on whether or not this would be a good location for dinner. We decided to set out and find out.

It is in a nice location, easy to get to, and easy to find. The atmosphere inside is congenial. The golden wood Windsor chairs look nice with the very dark, supposedly supporting inner structure. It is clear that the main part of the restaurant is old. I was taken a bit aback by the plastic roses in a vase at each table. That is a slight touch that should be changed for a restaurant as good as this one.

Our food was very good. The drinks were right on. My wife had scallops and shrimp, she loved it. I had duck. Overall, the idea of a pineapple, blueberry sauce was lovely and the half duck looked as if cooked to perfection. It was a little bit tough and somewhat hard to eat off the bone. It was very good though.

The decaf could have had a bit more zing, although it was more than passable.

Service was perfect.

3  Thank RJK_Chicago
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Returned to the Beacon for a vacation meet up w friends. Had the French Dip which was delicious and topped off with Lemoncello cake. Wonderful day.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went to the Beacon for dinner while staying on the Cape. It was one of the places our B&B recommended and the Trip Advisor reviews looked good. Our first impression was what a lovely warm room to have a romantic dinner. The hostess was very sweet and found a window table for us. However the wait staff was on the slow side due to the fact that there were only two waitresses for two rooms filled with diners. Maybe they are understaffed as it is not quite full season yet . However, both waitresses seemed extremely busy trying to keep up with all the orders. My husband and I ordered salads and starters. He ordered a beet salad which was huge with tons of beets but no dressing. When he requested some dressing he was told that this salad is served undressed?! He was able to get some dressing which was a definite improvement. I ordered the Burrata Salad which was very good. We both loved the crab cakes which were loaded with chunks of crab. We also loved the seared scallops over risotto. I would recommend this restaurant as the food was very good and hopefully they will be hiring more waitresses as the season gets into full swing. The prices are a little high, but not outrageous for good food.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

We have eaten at The Beacon since the time it opened many years ago. The food is consistently good, and the daily specials are creative. The atmosphere is welcoming, and cosy, especially in the winter months. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner and is a go to place with friends who come to Orleans for a visit.