“Lovely lunch!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a lovely lunch at the Beacon Room. The building doesn’t look like much from the outside, but inside it has a very warm, inviting atmosphere. We enjoyed the bacon wrapped scallops, which were beautifully cooked, including the crispy bacon, although the maple syrup drizzle was too sweet and not needed on this dish. The clam chowder and salads were fresh and flavorful. The brownie sundae was a nice treat to share. The service was slow and waitress not as attentive but that was a small trade off for a really good spot. We will be back!

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Dinner was so delicious!! Calamari was some of the best we’ve ever had. Grilled shrimp and sea scallops with roasted veggies over polenta with balsamic reduction. Incredible! My husband said his salmon was also excellent. The food, the service, the atmosphere...all superb. When my husband and I eat out it’s not to get the job done, it’s for the experience. Beacon Room definitely fit the bill.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We love the Beacon Room. One can feel very comfortable dining here alone, with your spouse, friends, your sister, whatever! Ladies who lunch will be in heaven, but in the evenings, the low lights, glowing wood, and lovely artwork provide and atmosphere of relaxed fine dining, or a cozy dinner of fish and chips; have it either way. The star of the show is the perfectly prepared food. Next is the ambiance and I prefer the more closed-in, bar side of things. There are no reservations for small parties so come early to get those seats, or sit in the main area. Wait staff are excellent. And, joy of joys, one can call in and order this fabulous food to go. If you are meeting a friend or two after work, a sedate little bar meets the need, but this is mainly a restaurant for those wanting to relish the fresh fish and other inventive menu offerings. My only complaint is the sometimes chilly outer dining room which just does not have the same inviting feel as at the rest of the restaurant. The chairs in this restaurant are not chairs I find comfortable but I still return for the great food and excellent service.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Friendly efficient service. Nice menu selections. Large drink menu. The fish and chips was excellent as was the bean soup of the day. The Cape Cod Ruben was very good. Amble portions. Nice ambiance. Overall a nice experience that I recommend.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 8 November 2017

My husband and I enjoyed two evenings at the Beacon Room recently due to a gift certificate I had received earlier this summer. Both evenings we arrived to a full house and got the sense that there were many repeat customers who greeted the hostess warmly. The restaurant is cozy and comfortable and the food was delicious. Over the two evenings we enjoyed the Seafood Fra Diavlo twice (beware of spiciness - we liked it but less adventurous diners might not) , Pasta Jordan (a little bland) and the Scallops and Shrimp with Polenta (very, very good). Portions are large so on both occasions we brought home leftovers for a tasty lunch the next day. Service was attentive and friendly. We saved room for dessert on our 2nd trip and were glad we did - the brownie sundae was wonderful and huge - would feed at least 2 if not more. We look forward to returning.

Date of visit: November 2017