“Practically Perfect”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We love the Beacon Room. One can feel very comfortable dining here alone, with your spouse, friends, your sister, whatever! Ladies who lunch will be in heaven, but in the evenings, the low lights, glowing wood, and lovely artwork provide and atmosphere of relaxed fine dining, or a cozy dinner of fish and chips; have it either way. The star of the show is the perfectly prepared food. Next is the ambiance and I prefer the more closed-in, bar side of things. There are no reservations for small parties so come early to get those seats, or sit in the main area. Wait staff are excellent. And, joy of joys, one can call in and order this fabulous food to go. If you are meeting a friend or two after work, a sedate little bar meets the need, but this is mainly a restaurant for those wanting to relish the fresh fish and other inventive menu offerings. My only complaint is the sometimes chilly outer dining room which just does not have the same inviting feel as at the rest of the restaurant. The chairs in this restaurant are not chairs I find comfortable but I still return for the great food and excellent service.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Friendly efficient service. Nice menu selections. Large drink menu. The fish and chips was excellent as was the bean soup of the day. The Cape Cod Ruben was very good. Amble portions. Nice ambiance. Overall a nice experience that I recommend.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 8 November 2017

My husband and I enjoyed two evenings at the Beacon Room recently due to a gift certificate I had received earlier this summer. Both evenings we arrived to a full house and got the sense that there were many repeat customers who greeted the hostess warmly. The restaurant is cozy and comfortable and the food was delicious. Over the two evenings we enjoyed the Seafood Fra Diavlo twice (beware of spiciness - we liked it but less adventurous diners might not) , Pasta Jordan (a little bland) and the Scallops and Shrimp with Polenta (very, very good). Portions are large so on both occasions we brought home leftovers for a tasty lunch the next day. Service was attentive and friendly. We saved room for dessert on our 2nd trip and were glad we did - the brownie sundae was wonderful and huge - would feed at least 2 if not more. We look forward to returning.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 29 October 2017

My wife and I are spending the weekend on Cape Cod with friends -- after an outstanding dinner last night in Dennis at Fin, today we had a delightful lunch at The Beacon Room in Orleans. Three of us ordered their cod special -- it was very satisfying; the fourth order their chicken curry sandwich -- she too was pleased. Prices were reasonable and the service was pleasant and attentive. Very much worth a visit!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

There are usually specials each evening, but being a creature of habit, I usually get my favorites from the large menu. Last week short ribs were a special and I must say that they were the BEST short ribs I have ever eaten. The flavor was simply too great to explain...Guess I'll be going for the specials from now on! Keep On Beacon!!
J and J