New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Madison Inn

Madison Inn
Ranked #3 of 16 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
New England
“Perfect Place in Oak Bluffs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

I stayed at the Madison Inn the last week of September after looking for a place that was nice but wouldn't break the bank. This was perfect. Especially the week day rates this time of year. I booked online and it was a breeze. The front desk staff was always very warm and welcoming! I was able to get a room that was basically next too, but attached to the main entrance of the inn on street level, and I basically had my very on entrance. The beds were comfortable and I loved the organic shampoo samples! A perfect location in Oak Bluffs, right across from the ferry. There really isn't very much street parking at all, however, I was easily able to find parking behind the inn as I brought my car. It it two hour parking during certain hours I believe, but during the off season we were told we wouldn't have a problem, and we didn't. The inn stands between two awesome restaurants, 'Ken & Becks' and the 'Side Car Cafe'..two places that are must eats in my opinion. This is a place I would come back to again!

Room Tip: The Peach Room, I believe #15, you have you own street level entrance!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Westfield, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

Last week we had the pleasure of staying at the Madison Inn in Oak Bluff on Martha's Vineyard. From the day I called to ask about availabiliy to the day we left they were fantastic. The rooms are clean, the courtyard is a great place to relax. The Inn is located close to everything. I/we will stay here the next time we come to visit family.

Thank you you added to a WONDERFUL weekend

Room Tip: I think we were in room 8,
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
LaPorte, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

We twice stayed at the "Ships Inn" on previous vacations in OB and were excited to see that it was still there even though it is now the "Madison Inn". I don't think there's a better deal on the island. Great location, great service, and great price. Included were wifi and nice snacks. I know we'll stay here the next time we visit.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
NK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

We were looking for an affordable place to stay for one night for a family of 4. We stayed in room 10 of this property, right in town of Oak Bluffs. The 2 queen size beds were soft, but the matresses were in great shape, no rolling to the middle, like it is so often these days. Room and bathroom was good size.
This is not a good property for anybody who feels challenged by steep and narrow stairs.
The property offered complimentary bottled water and chips in the bedroom and coofee/te/hot chocolate and some snack type foods and fruit for breakfast.

Thew downside: it is right off the main street and even we did go off season ( Oct 1/2) there was noise out in the street.
The bright side. You can walk from the ferry to the inn.

Room Tip: great accessability from the ferry. Shops and restauranst/pubs right up the next street
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Portsmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

We loved our stay at Madison Inn. We booked online on the inn's own webisite and all that was available at the time was a room with two single beds. On arrival we were upgraded to a room with two double beds. The room was really nice and they provided bottled water and crisps. There is also coffee, fruit and cereal bars available in the lobby area. There are also apple cake squares which were delish!
The location is perfect and near all of the restaurants, shops and bars. We recommend taking the bus tour of the island. It turns out a lot of famous people live on this island.
One night whilst in a restaurant I saw a skunk just walking down the street. Never seen one before!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Summercamp Hotel
#3 of 3 in Oak Bluffs
7.6 km away
Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard

Been to Madison Inn? Share your experiences!