Madison Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Nashua House Hotel(Oak Bluffs)
Summercamp Hotel(Oak Bluffs)
Harbor Landing(Vineyard Haven)
View Hotel
Vineyard Harbor Motel(Vineyard Haven)
Mansion House(Vineyard Haven)
Harbor View Hotel(Edgartown)
Harborside Inn(Edgartown)
The Seaside Inn(Falmouth)
View Hotel
All reviewsbeach towelsfruitgranola barsgreat locationcookiesmartha's vineyardboogie boardsapple frittersthe buscoffee cakepatio areawithin walking distancestay there againlittle extrascape cod chipswine glassesshort walk
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Last week we had the pleasure of staying at the Madison Inn in Oak Bluff on Martha's Vineyard. From the day I called to ask about availabiliy to the day we left they were fantastic. The rooms are clean, the courtyard is a great place to relax. The Inn is located close to everything. I/we will stay here the next time we come to visit family.

Thank you you added to a WONDERFUL weekend

Room Tip: I think we were in room 8,
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We twice stayed at the "Ships Inn" on previous vacations in OB and were excited to see that it was still there even though it is now the "Madison Inn". I don't think there's a better deal on the island. Great location, great service, and great price. Included were wifi and nice snacks. I know we'll stay here the next time we visit.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We were looking for an affordable place to stay for one night for a family of 4. We stayed in room 10 of this property, right in town of Oak Bluffs. The 2 queen size beds were soft, but the matresses were in great shape, no rolling to the middle, like it is so often these days. Room and bathroom was good size.
This is not a good property for anybody who feels challenged by steep and narrow stairs.
The property offered complimentary bottled water and chips in the bedroom and coofee/te/hot chocolate and some snack type foods and fruit for breakfast.

Thew downside: it is right off the main street and even we did go off season ( Oct 1/2) there was noise out in the street.
The bright side. You can walk from the ferry to the inn.

Room Tip: great accessability from the ferry. Shops and restauranst/pubs right up the next street
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We loved our stay at Madison Inn. We booked online on the inn's own webisite and all that was available at the time was a room with two single beds. On arrival we were upgraded to a room with two double beds. The room was really nice and they provided bottled water and crisps. There is also coffee, fruit and cereal bars available in the lobby area. There are also apple cake squares which were delish!
The location is perfect and near all of the restaurants, shops and bars. We recommend taking the bus tour of the island. It turns out a lot of famous people live on this island.
One night whilst in a restaurant I saw a skunk just walking down the street. Never seen one before!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2011

The Madison Inn's Web site describes it as "Gracious Lodging in the Heart of Oak Bluffs." And this is exactly what it delivered.

I found both rooms I stayed in to be clean, charmingly decorated, and well thought out. Room 4 has a clever built in set of cubby holes that are perfect for storing your items during your stay. It's the kind of room you could snuggle into with a good book for a few days, sneaking peeks out the window to check the weather.

Room 5 is a larger room, but no less cozy and comfortable. It even features a glimpse of the ocean through the bathroom window. Both rooms were super clean, and I thought the provided amenities (organic shampoo, conditioner, soap) were quite nice.

The staff of the hotel, from front desk to housekeeping, were genuinely friendly without being obsequious. Capable, lovely women who were happy to offer information, or just a few moments of conversation. The common areas of the inn (a lovely lobby, outdoor patio and small front porch) were also a pleasure to spend time in and on.

The Keurig machine in the common area served my purposes for morning coffee. A variety of coffee choices were available, but I found that the Green Mountain Coffee Nantucket Blend was a nice sub for my usual French Roast preference. Tea and cocoa drinkers have easy access to hot water via an electric kettle. Also nice, an assortment of granola bars and fruit for snacking.

A communal fridge is available for storing leftovers, or grabbing a few ice cubes for the road. During warmer months, I certainly might have taken advantage of their lendable collection of beach towels, chairs, and coolers.

Bottom line, at this price point, in this location you won't do better. I was happy to give these folks my business, and I'd be happy to do it again in the future.

Room Tip: The inn is located directly in the business district of Oak Bluffs, Therefore, all rooms will experience some noise from the abutting restaurants and morning garbage pickup. You might find the rooms toward the back of the inn a little quieter (5 and 6).
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo