“Sports bar atmosphere”

Lookout Tavern
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Called Lookout Tavern for a reason, the establishment has one of THE best water views on Martha's Vineyard! Overlooking the Nantucket Sound, the Lookout Tavern caters to both sea and land lovers alike. Known for it's amazing sushi, raw bar and seafood, Lookout also offers diners great sandwiches and burgers.
Reviewed 2 August 2017

We had dinner here but there was a wait. All tables inside are high topped table and chairs which for me are not comfortable to sit in for long periods of time. But I managed. I had the fish tacos which were really good. It's a loud sports bar atmosphere if you are looking for a lively place. This is definitely it. It rained while we were having dinner so I'm happy we didn't take the picnic table seats outside that they had offered. All in all a good experience.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We had a great time at Lookout Tavern. The seafood was terrific, Our server (Susan) was on top of everything, scrambling from table to table with remarkable precision and a friendly smile. This place is busy and the patrons were in a festive mood. I suspect it's like this all the time. The fresh-shucked oysters were excellent. We were heading back to "the mainland" and this was a perfect spot to enjoy some seafood and a"couple of beers" before catching the ferry. Check it out!

Reviewed 28 July 2017

I always enjoy the company and bartenders of this bar and restaurant. The staff is very freindly and always rely on consistant food

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Always a wait to get in, but it's well worth it. Hands down the best Lobster Roll on the island. The thing is loaded with claw meat. Almost couldn't finish it on my own. Both the cold and hot Lobster Roll are simple and fresh.

Service was great and they had a pretty good on tap selection.

The guy I was with went with the Sushi and he approved also.

1  Thank csanborn74
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Loved sitting up at the bar facing the water. Beautiful views. The sushi is so fresh and delicious. And the hot lobster roll served with butter was perfectly cooked sweet last buster - almost st all huge claws and huge. Great drinks too.