All reviews wine and cheese quiche rocking chairs cookies iced tea porch party front porch martha's vineyard continental breakfast bagels porch swing quiet neighborhood the general manager main building charming hotel hard boiled eggs every afternoon
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

Wonderful friendly b & b type of hotel .
Staff is incredible they really care about their guests. As other reviewers mention the rooms are small however who cares you are never in your room. They are very clean and comfortable. Loved the cookies!
Wish they would hide them I ate too many of them! They offer a walking tour of the neighborhood- Tom the guide is a wealth of great information. And funny too .
All in all , this was a quick solo trip for me and I enjoyed myself and felt very safe!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Lisa A, Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Dear Kathy F,

Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for the kind words. It was certainly our pleasure meeting you! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that if you are back this way in the future you will visit us again! We would love to see you!

With my warmest regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Luxury it's not but if you're looking for a spotlessly clean room, comfortable bed, great location, fabulous breakfast, friendly and helpful staff, great front porch, and the chance to get to know travelers from around the world, THIS is the place. Just stayed for 3 nights and couldn't have been happier with my choice. FYI, no elevators and some rooms without AC units. Shower stalls small.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank LeighD
Lisa A, Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Dear LeighD,

Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for your kind review!

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and that you recognized and appreciated the authentic Oak Bluffs hospitality that the Pequot provides. One minor point of clarification-
all of our guest rooms indeed do have AC's. Some are in wall (which is the variety that we are gradually switching to) and some are window but again, each and every guest room has one or the other although many of our guests enjoy keeping the windows open and enjoying the fresh, Vineyard air. Probably you fell into that category so you didn't even notice or need the AC!

If your travels bring you this way again we would certainly love to see you again! Until then,

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

We chose this hotel based on reviews. At first, we thought it was very charming and very "Oak Bluffs". The staff was welcoming and we were able to store our luggage until our room was ready. (We arrived on an early ferry) The room was disappointing because it was dark and there was a back alley view. It was decorated similarly to the website photos but it was not bright and cheery as those appeared. The bed was comfortable but the carpet was tired. Hard wood floors would have been better. Breakfast was great and the porch was really pleasant. The location is good. So I give it a 4.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lisa A, Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Dear Flo H,

Thank you so much for staying with us. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the team to be welcoming. That's exactly how we want you and all of our guests to feel...welcomed! I'm pleased that you did.

We would certainly love to see you again and would suggest that next time you book with us, call directly. We would then be better able to help you to choose a room that would be more pleasing to your personally. We have 32 rooms here at the Pequot of varying size, configuration and placement in the hotel. Once we know of someone's preference we always do our best to accommodate!

Until we meet again,

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Came here for my 30th birthday celebration and we loved staying at this location. It was so quaint. Loved just relaxing at night reading my book while using the rocking chairs on the porch. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. They even had a small birthday cake and champagne waiting in my room. The staff will provided you umbrellas, beach chairs and beach towels each day on a first come, first serve basis. The breakfast we great as well. Fabulous location. Minute walk to the beach and 10-15 minute walk to downtown area. I would recommend this as a great place to stay, and would come back again.

Room tip: quiet street, minute walks to the beach.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Lisa A, Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2016

Dear jaylomite,

Thank you so much for choosing the Pequot to celebrate such a very special occasion! And once again, Happy Birthday!!!

I'm so pleased to know that you enjoyed your time with us and hope that we will see you again sometime. Maybe 31?!?

I will pass on your kind words to the team, thank you so much.

With my very warmest regards,

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Love this place! Walk from the Oak Bluffs Ferry through Ocean Park into another era of old-fashioned America where service matters, people are friendly and the pace of life is slower. This is not a cookie-cutter chain hotel. It has charm and style. Rocking chairs on a gorgeous porch, a lobby with fresh cookies and lemonade on check-in and a staff that actually cares about its guests. Set in a quaint residential neighborhood, the beach is a one minute walk away and the center of beautiful Oak Bluffs is equally close. Leave the car at Woods Hole if you are coming for the weekend because everything you could need is close by and it's difficult to park at the hotel (only downside). The rooms are unique for a hotel. Ours felt like we were staying in a really nice bedroom of a classy home with its own bathroom. Very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was first class. Highly recommend this wonderful place.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lisa A, Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Dear TheKinnes,

Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for the kind words!

I'm so pleased to read that you recognized, enjoyed and appreciated the uniqueness of Oak Bluffs and the Pequot Hotel. It is indeed a special, magical place where time, in some ways, seems to have stood still in a nice way.

I'm delighted that your intention is to return. We will all look forward to seeing you again!