“First time trying Turkish Food”

Gyro and Kebab House
Ranked #16 of 112 Restaurants in Norwood
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

I have never had Turkish food and was brought here because of a friend. My friend loves Turkish food and was craving Lahmajun. He found the Gyro & Kebab House using yelp so we decided to give it a try. Once we got here I was sure I would have a great meal. The restaurant was packed with people from the Turkey and surrounding area (always a good sign). Then I noticed the bakery, they bake their own pita bread and desserts. We ordered the chicken gyro, Lahmajun and chicken kebab. This is run somewhat like a fast food restaurant but it is anything but. You need to place your order at the counter and the dishes are delivered to your table. It does take a bit because everything is cooked to order. All of the dishes were beautifully presented, with flavor and delicious. I have now added Turkish food as a personal favorite. I liked the Baklava (made right there) so much that I decided to take two orders home for my family. You can't go wrong with this restaurant. I am shocked that this restaurant has not been voted, advertised or published as one of the best restaurants in the area. Will definitely be back again soon.

1  Thank Samual0418

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Our family of 6 went for my mom's birthday tonite. Their food is delicious but they make you feel really unwelcome. We asked for clarification on several items and they almost rolled their eyes. While they served the food promptly, an occasional smile from the staff would have gone a long way in making us enjoy the experience. I didn't even tell them it was my moms birthday, we ate what we could and packed the rest and promptly left!

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Great spot, excellent cold appetizers including hummus, babaghanoush, etc. Falafel wrap was excellent. Good service, too.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

The service was very friendly, and deserts are quote good. We came there with small kids, and it was a good decision.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

I brought my daughter with me for a very causal lunch. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We ordered chicken gyro and lamb shush kebab. The chicken gyro was great while the kebab was ok. We also had some almond burma which my daughter found very delicious.