“Great Lunch”

Ranked #8 of 61 Restaurants in Northborough
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2015

My wife and I love having lunch at this restaurant. This place is right in our home town. We are so lucky to have a place to eat that is always so consistently good. I love the sushi/sashimi bento box and my wife loves the teriyaki salmon. Pan fried gyoza and edamame are great appetizers. The place is clean and waitstaff are friendly. You must come here for lunch or dinner. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Ara B

Reviewed 4 January 2015

I had heard about Yama Zakura and we stopped in to get a bite before getting our daughter. What a wonderful place. Busy, Friendly, and the food was outstanding. We love Sushi and Yama delivered. A bit slow on some of the items coming, but nothing too worry about. It was packed! Obviously for good reason. Can't wait to go back.

On my short list of places to bring people that I want to impress!

1  Thank KeithMack
Reviewed 2 December 2014

This the best Asian cuisine I have experienced anywhere. We have been loyal customers of this restaurant since the early days when the owner Anna spent much of her time behind the sushi bar. This is a don't miss for anyone who enjoys sushi.

1  Thank Hazelnut244
Reviewed 11 November 2014

This past Saturday evening we went out for dinner with friends to try something different from our normal routine of Italian or Indian food...

I am somewhat of a newbie to sushi, Yama Zakura was new for my husband and me and our two friends. This gem is in a strip mall and is very unassuming. The inside is wonderfully decorated and very much like an Asian fusion/sushi place should be. We went at 6:30pm and the place was already packed. We had a reservation thankfully, else I doubt we would have been seated for long time, if at all (other than at the bar, if a space opened up).

We started with Tuna Avo Tataki; it was delicious, the avocado was perfect, the wasabi served with it was strong, but I've had better in Indonesia. There was roe on top with the house sauce and it was just delicious. We also had the Thai egg rolls, they were awesome, would have been easy to eat two orders by myself!

For dinner my husband and I shared a sushi bar salad of avocado crab, again delish; then for sashimi "he" had Unagi (cooked eel, I at least tried it, but couldn't say I enjoyed it), we shared Tamago and Tuna... another of our friends had the Chilean sea bass special of the night, he inhaled it, said it was great. His wife had chicken with cashews and brown rice and she said it was very good. I tried some, it was very tasty, but the chicken may have been slightly overcooked.

Because it was our first time there, we were treated to dessert on the house: chocolate soufflé with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. It was one of the BEST desserts I have ever had. It is made without flour and the consistency and texture and TASTE were out of this world! It takes 35 minutes to prepare: ORDER WHEN YOU SIT DOWN, you will NOT be disappointed. :-)

This is a great restaurant and the staff is very knowledgeable and attentive. Definitely worth a visit. We're looking forward to going back again.

2  Thank Annie M
Reviewed 21 October 2014 via mobile

My husband and I try to get a date night here every few months. The food is always perfect, very flavorful and presented beautifully. They also have great specialty drinks. The owner always checks in and the atmosphere is fun.
We'd go more often but it's on the pricey side. You get what you pay for!

2  Thank cyndilou