“Nice Dinner on the veranda”

Bella Sarno Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2017

This was a last minute decision as a place to meet after work one evening. It was a good decision. It was a warm August evening and my wife and I enjoyed dinner on the veranda. The service was excellent. They had a special with two entrees and a bottle of wine for $45. A plate of veal parmigiana was enough for two meals. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

The waiter actually ran to the table as soon as we were seated asking if he could get us a drink. After the drink orders were placed, delicious sour dough bread arrived at our table accompanied by dipping oil that had a zing. I could have made a meal out of that bread and oil alone!!!
The dinners were excellent all around. Fresh ground cheese was offered.No one had any complaints and doggie bags left with all.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Our family had dinner here recently to celebrate the high school graduation of my son and my nephew. It was a Sunday afternoon, and the restaurang was not particularly busy, except for one other large party. Our family has a variety of tastes, but everyone found something on the menu that suited them. There were no complaints about the food. Great combination of Italian and seafood dushes. A little pricey, but the food was good, the service was great.

1  Thank mechabot
Reviewed 28 May 2017

We had dinner a week ago at Bella Sarno Restaurant. The restaurant was homey. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. We met friends there and enjoyed a home cooked Italian dinner that was superb. Our waitress was fabulous. We were not rushed in any way.

1  Thank Margaret C
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Arrived for dinner on Sunday around 5 pm. According to the restaurant's website, there was a special offer "Spring Special 2 for $45" - listed for Sunday, and Tuesday - Thursday. We asked the waitress about it and she denied there was any special listed for Sunday. We told her we saw it on the Website. She claimed that she had been working many Sundays at the restaurant and had no knowledge of a Special. My wife asked that if we could show her that it was listed on the Website, would she honor it, and she said no.

I proceeded to find the Special on my iPhone and my wife showed it to the maitre'd, who then contacted the owner. Within a few minutes, he came over to our table with the "Special" menu and placed two on the table. Without introducing himself, he looked at me and asked "Can I help you'? I didn't know who he was, as he was dressed in shorts, t-shirt and dockers. I thought he may be a customer at first, but then thought he must work there. I asked if he was the manager, and he said "yes". He explained that there was a Special on Sunday and pointed to the menu, and said it was a recent addition. He mentioned that his wait staff was misinformed. I asked if he would honor the special and he said he would. However, when the waitress came back, she seemed to have an attitude, which ruined the meal. The food was very good, but the overall service was lacking. We had to ask for bread with our meal. We were going to order dessert, but the waitress was very slow on getting back to our table, so we decided to leave instead.

The Owner should consider a few items:

1. Make sure your staff is well briefed on the menu offerings.
2. Coach your staff on proper customer etiquette. When we asked about the Special, the waitress, Jasmine, didn't make any effort to find out, but quickly dismissed it. It seemed that she didn't want to make any effort on our behalf.
3. If you're the owner, please dress the part. The restuarant seems to have a kind of up-scale atmosphere, and perhaps a more formal set of attire would be appropriate (not shorts and dockers).
4. The woman that was cleaning off tables was wearing flip-flops. Seriously, this would be more appropriate for a restaurant at the cape where people are walking in off the beach, but not an Italian Restaurant that boasts gourmet food.

I won't eat here again. Not impressed at all.

1  Thank Keith K