“Very good fish...but now quite pricey”

Joe Fish Seafood Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Joe Fish does serve a nice selection of fish/seafood. It is usually nicely prepared, and the service is typically good.
However the prices have continued to increase....a bit out of line with the level of this restaurant. Typical dinner is $25 plus.....

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Have eaten here on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed with the food. The drinks are a little on the lame side.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

My wife and I used a gift certificate to visit Joe Fish. We both love our New England seafood and wanted to try this local establishment. Our first turnoff, was how tight the seating was when we first entered. Then the hostess puts us in the basement! It had more tight seating down there with very few guest. We didn't mind the quietness though since the upstairs was very loud. Prices for drinks were ridiculous, over $10 for a glass of wine. Due to that fact, we skipped appetizers. Wife had a taco dish and I had a New England staple, Fried Seafood plate. Mine cost much more and was skimpy! I had a 2x2 piece of Pollock (wasn't haddock, I know the taste of haddock) 3 "baby" shrimp and 3 tiny scallops. Underneath all this was 10,000 French fries. So angry! How can this place call itself a New England seafood restaurant? And almost $25 for this entrée? Awful! I call it highway robbery and scamming your customer with French fries. I should have had my wife's choice, the fish tacos. They were huge, good and much more reasonable in price at $16. We also didn't see much of our waitress. Our wine was dry for almost 20 minutes. Amazing how some restaurants the wait staff is on top of everything while others are in the corner checking their Facebook. Was not impressed at all and will not go back. Twenty more minutes up the highway and we are at the beach with fresh and plentiful entrees. Upon leaving we opened the exit door and smelled the goodness coming from the Loft Restaurant next door. Should have gone there! Well we did, for more reasonably priced drinks and dessert. If money is not an issue and you like small portions, then be my guest. I'll skip it next time! No Wi-Fi either.

1  Thank Eagle-Eye24
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Went to lunch with 2 friends today and ordered off the lunch menu. We all ordered different items with fish. I ordered the haddock grilled ($13.99) - tasted bland and was tender but very small serving for the price compared to other restaurants where I have ordered the same dish for less money. My friends' portions were small as well. I was initially interested in the Thai Spicy Soup with shrimp on the list of specials but it was $21! Are you kidding?

1  Thank stevetM5671ZQ
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Two had traditional clam chowder and I had the red spicy chowder. For dinner I had spicy Thai shrimp and the others had poor naked shrimp over zucchini noodles — both were extremely good.

Excellent food and service.