All reviewsmade to order breakfastexposed brickcorner roomcomplimentary breakfastmy husband and itea servicewithin walking distancegrand parkhistoric buildingcookiesnew englanddowntown newburyportroom was largecaviarfree parkinga wonderful staymodern amenities
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Lovely spot. Great staff and service. Made to order breakfast the best! Good air-conditioning.Need to work on the bath towels. All in all, would recommend to family and friends.

Hotel Parking very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Marty978, Guest Relations Manager at Garrison Inn Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at the Garrison Inn. We are so happy for you recommendations and great comments! We hope you will keep us in mind when you next stay in Newburyport!

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Rally nice place to stay! The rooms were very large and comfortable! Staff was super nice and helpful. We were on a self-guided bike tour. They let us store the bikes in the basement to stay dry. Centrally located. Homemade breakfast in the morning. Couldn't ask for more!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Marty978, Guest Relations Manager at Garrison Inn Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Thank you so much for your 5-star review of our property! We appreciate your feedback and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that next time you visit Newburyport you will keep us in mind! (Hopefully with better weather for bike riding!)

Reviewed 28 May 2017

Accompanied my husband on a business trip, and while he's generally a Hilton guy, he was meeting a co-worker who always stays in this hotel. What a lovely change of pace this was from our cookie-cutter rooms the rest of the week in other cities! A spacious room with a brick fireplace, comfortable bed, modern bathroom, and a desk that doubled as a mirrored makeup table! When we arrived, the TV was set to a classical music station, so the room was warmly lit from the wall sconces and the ambient light from the TV - great first impression.

I was able to street park right in front of the hotel, walked a couple of blocks for dinner, and read in the chaise lounge once I returned. In the morning they offer a cooked-to-order breakfast - yum!

Room Tip: As an FYI for those who have trouble with stairs, elevator was out for part of our visit
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Marty978, Guest Relations Manager at Garrison Inn Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Garrison Inn.

I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay with us and that enjoyed our complimentary chocolates and our breakfast! We are glad we could make a great first impression!

We hope if you make a return trip to Newburyport we will see you again.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I've written a review before, but following my most recent trip, I still felt I should write one, again. I was only scheduled to visit Newburyport for three days, and I was happy as ever to once again book at stay for 5/8-5/10, 2017 at the Garrison! As the title says, its the only place I will stay in MA, and its true! I had wanted to take a trip to Stockbridge, which is a 3 hour drive from Newburyport, but it was worth it- always is!

I did arrive a little early for check-in, but the hotel manager, Jennifer, allowed me to head to my room since it was done (which they always do when accommodating guests). Once in my room, I collapsed to take a nap, as my flight was very early, and they have the best bedding, and bed sheets possible, so it was a very enjoyable nap, and I stayed there the rest of the day.

On Tuesday, I awoke early, eager to get downstairs for the free gourmet breakfast- which is the best perk of all when staying there. Some may say that the Garrison being dog-friendly, or having free parking, to the tea time with chocolate and champagne is the service that is the best perk. And while those are phenomenal, as well, the breakfast (the FREE breakfast) is something not to be missed. They serve caviar on some dishes as a garnish! How can it get any better than that!

From my stay last summer, the hotel got a bit of a makeover, with new desk furniture it seemed, and more decor to represent the history of the hotel. If you are in the greater Boston area, this is a not to be missed place- you won't regret it at all. The only problem you may have is you won't want to go do anything, but stay in the cozy room!

I'm already looking forward to my next trip. But be sure to book your next stay at the Garrison, I've been to a lot of hotels and inns, and this by far exceeds my expectations, and I feel like I'm treated like a Queen!

Room Tip: Corner suites are great!. The penthouse on the 4th floor is great if you have a family. But any room is great!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Marty978, Guest Relations Manager at Garrison Inn Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We're so pleased that the breakfast, service and our cozy rooms all helped to give you a pleasant stay at the Garrison Inn. I will pass along all of these wonderful comments to the owner and staff as well, as they will be over the moon too! We very much appreciate you recommending our hotel for those traveling to Newburyport. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We have wanted to stay here since attending a reception years ago, and finally did so with a three day stay (5/19 to 5/22/2017). We love history & have enjoyed staying in many quaint historic hotels over the years. There is nothing "quaint" about the Garrison--it has all the ambiance of a historic building, but is very up-to-date & well-maintained. Everything looks recently refurbished (except the antiques and historic decor) but in keeping with the historic building. Service is 5-star! No wonder they have so many awards proudly displayed in the hallway. Most important is the comfort & cleanness of the rooms--and these were first rate. We were warmly greeted by Martin during our late Friday night check-in & immediately felt assured that the staff was very interested in our needs & very accommodating. We travel with a small dog, which was welcome, with the only restriction being that the dog understandably could not go to the dining room with us. She was allowed to be with us while we had breakfast & afternoon/evening teas in the front sitting room, where we were very comfortable. Dog owners should also know that both the Brown Square park area in front of the hotel and the surrounding blocks are very good for dog walks. Breakfast was exquisite, I think the best we have ever had at a hotel, with a great attention to detail, well-prepared & served. Fussy tea drinkers, we found the teas to be top-shelf quality (Harney & Sons) with an extensive selection--a small detail, but consistent with the overall approach to detail & customer satisfaction. Read the other 5-star reviews here. The raves are all deserved and we are already planning our next visit to the Garrison. --Michael & Mary Grenier

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for this review. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here and I am very please you took advantage of all the complimentary extras here at the Garrison, especially the afternoon tea and our breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Garrison Inn again (and your adorable dog)!