“Delicious and delightful”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We decided to try a new (to us) restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. Fortunately we found The Farmhouse in Needham Center! The food was truly farm to table. Every dish was a treat. Looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Fresh delicious food HOWEVER very small portions and pricey. You will go home hungry we don’t have real big appetites so this was disappointing. Will not be returning.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

We came as a very very large group (20+ people) and both the service and food was amazing. Great list of wine options, food was fresh and cooked to perfection, would definitely go again and recommend to anyone in the area. I'd even go out of my way to eat here.

1  Thank BeckyJDM
Reviewed 1 August 2018

I see a number of people raving about the halibut. It's good, yes. But on the advice of my service (a very nice young man who's studying cybersecurity) I ordered the fish tacos. My daughter ordered the halibut and my wife ordered the beef ribs.

Conclusion: we all thought the fish tacos beat the halibut. I thought my order was best. My wife thought the beef ribs were best. Overall, fantastic evening.

The restaurant was crowded,, and noisy, on a Tuesday evening. That speaks for a lot. We arrived late (7:30 pm) and enjoyed the restaurant as it quieted down.

Would go there again on purpose. Excellent all around.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

I was traveling through Needham and stopped here alone for dinner. So I can't comment on much, but their menu is small. I had the kale salad as a starter delicious, I really can't make kale at home that comes out good. Their salad was great, full of pecorino shavings and a delicious lemony dressing. Entrée was the beef short rib, fantastically tender, waitress said cooks for 48 hours, sitting on a delightful bed of pappardelle and very tasty sauce. You would think with the attention to food, reasonably priced, they would do the same for the wine list. No, starts at $44 and rapidly rises to $60 (ok 59) and above into the 80's 90's and specials to hundreds. Not appropriate here unless it were balanced with more in 40's and less. Most family restaurants can do that. However, I did order the $44 which was a red from Austria, unusual but delicious. So my meal was still great, I just stress this because any decent restaurant should have a list that makes good wine drinking accessible to all. If you don't find bottles in 40's out of reach which I don't and I spend higher than that at the appropriate restaurants, go for the Austrian. If I am in the area again will be back to try other dishes, if I can resist the short ribs. By the way in case you are wondering, no I did not drink a whole bottle, most of it I took home.