“Nice place, nice stay!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlborough
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Marlborough
Reviewed 10 November 2017

My wife and I were travelling on business, and one of our stops was at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites, Marlborough, MA. We were at the hotel for a small convention, so did not actually spend that much time at the hotel itself, but the rooms and accommodations were sufficient, the room was clean and neat, and the stay was good for our needs.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Nicole S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Don H,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.

I am so happy that your stay went so well and that you had a comfortable experience. We take such pride in providing our guests with a stay they will love, I am pleased we met those expectations.

We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the Marlborough area.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

We stopped overnight because of severe weather for driving. Had a great person for booking who also gave us the aaa rate & inc breakfast which was not part of hotel rates.
All was ok. Only complaint was room lighting which was awful. 2 lamps. Very dark

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lois S
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Hello Lois S,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Marlborough, MA. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding customer service.

However, on behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room lighting. We will address these concern. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Older hotel in good location. Arrived at 7am and was allowed to check in. Major plus!! Bathroom was fine, room was a bit small. Lighting not great. Lobby and work out room were fine. Pool was nice, but no hot tub. Door to room seemed to be hollow and did not close properly.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Hello Bryan K,

Hello from IHG! Thank you for your candid review. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts about the condition of the room assigned. I'm sorry for the letdown.

It's good to know that you gave a satisfactory rating on our area of service and sleep quality.

We hope to have the honor of hosting you again should your travels bring you back to the area. Again, thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites!

Many thanks,

Ronald R.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Well we booked a 1 night stay at this hotel when we arrived, the clerk and what appeared to be her superior, a woman ofAsian decent were laughing and talking about which room to give us. We are platinum members. We reserved a full king room and received a room with 2 double beds. We were tired from the long drive from New Jersey and didn’t make a fuss. What bothers me is that the manager said she was giving us 2 free tickets for breakfast. Because we were platinum members. When in reality, they came with the reservation. The hotel is not well taken care of. Outside of our room, the ceiling was falling down. I believe, that because my boyfriend is 72, that they purposefully tried to take advantage. I will never stay here again we travel to This area quit a bit and will stay at another hotel. How disgraceful

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Sloansappraisal
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Hi Sloansappraisal,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding our hotel. It is disheartening to learn about the level of service you have experienced during your stay. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in detail so we have sent you a private message in order to obtain additional information regarding your concerns.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to hear back from you soon and be of further assistance.

Alvin M.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

I checked into this hotel during business travel. I was checked in quickly and efficiently, and asked if I could have room service dinner. The front desk Associate said I could. I walked to the restaurant to place my order, the staff was very nice, but suggested I wait for my order rather than them having to bring it up to my room. I had all of my baggage with me, so this was inconvenient. I had a double room, even though I was traveling alone. There was a menu in the room that you could hang on the door before 2am if you wanted to order breakfast. I filled it out and hung it in the door by 10pm for 6:30am delivery. At 6:45am, I opened my door to find the menu still hanging in the door from the night before. The worst part of the experience was what I noticed in my bed once I got out of it and turned on all of the lights. (See photo). This is completely unacceptable. I will never stay at a Holiday Inn again as a result of this experience. Disgusting.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Hello Lvuolo914,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced regarding the unacceptable service you received from our staff and the cleanliness of the sheets on your bed. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I’d like to contact you privately so we have sent you a private message.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts. I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Dianne L.