“very good fresh seafood”

The Fish Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fish Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 167 Restaurants in Marlborough
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Corner of Route 20 & Route 85
Transit: Located right next to the local bus line stop.
Description: "Make Life Fresh!"™ Fresh food and social relaxation are two of life's essentials. Our goal at Fish is to make your life a little fresher. 25 years of seafood experience and a passion for great wine combine to
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Happened to see Fish on Phantom Gourmet and decided to drive and give it a try, we went on a Sunday night at 6:30 and found reservations were not needed, but you never know as we had made them in case, seated in a window booth, very nice décor and a quite dining room even with a bar with TV's that did not interfere with our dining, service was prompt and very pleasant waitress took our drink order, returning shortly we were not quite set on apps or entrée's so she was very pleasant and said she would return, which he did in proper time as we settled down to look at the menu, which has something for everyone and more, we placed our order and in a short while we had appetizers , crab cakes with jalapeno aioli were the best not spicy and very moist crab cakes followed by a Caesar Salad , nice dressing very fresh romaine, entrees arrived shortly but well timed , Coriander crusted tuna was excellent as tune was very fresh and tasty with the right amount of coriander to make in one of the best tuna dishes I have ever had, wife opted for baked haddock which is the only reason for not a 5 as the haddock was seasoned and tasty but lightly overcooked the mushy side, all in all we will return and give Fish Restaurant another try and see if we can get the 5th star from them, well worth a try

Reviewed 24 June 2017

We were given a gift certificate and I had a craving for Cioppino. We were greeted on Father's Day by a friendly host and seated promptly. I was a little surprised they weren't crazy busy. I ordered my food and asked if it could be prepared without garlic and they said yes and my wife had the fried calamari. My cioppino was OK and was not loaded with Garlic and had adequate seafood but was not up to Legal Seafood standards. My vegetables came covered in garlic. They took them back and prepared without garlic or any other flavoring for that matter. Not offensive but entirely tasteless. I guess a little lemon and butter is too much to ask.
Major problem was the waitress. Clearly serving us was a bother to her and she made it clear with her snippy attitude and abrupt manner.
I might go back for the food but I would never be served by the same waitress.

2  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

At the risk of being unable to secure a seat on a Sunday, I will say this is the best deal in town. On Sundays you can get $1 oysters, delicious food and friendly service for not a ton of money. Everything is so fresh and delicious.

It's great on weekends, too. There's a buzz there and sometimes music.

Love it here.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

There is a reason Fish has been open for 20 years. Fresh fish with excellent accompanying vegetables perfectly prepared. A great formula when well executed- and Fish does it well.

Did I mention the oyster bar. A great selection of oysters and on Sunday they're a buck a peace. My only warning is even though they go through 1200 oysters on a Sunday their selection will drop off after 7 pm. So get there earlier if you want the largest selection.

Great service and atmosphere make Fish a destination. Bravo!!

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Modern décor gives a refresh take on a fish restaurant. Mid-week visit allowed us to be seated quickly. Adequate parking. Wait staff attentive and informative of menu. Clam Chowder - delicious, mixed salad - fresh, fried fish medley - excellent but smaller than what you envision as a fisherman's platter.