“Excellent seafood and nice staff”

Fresh Catch Restaurant and Sushi Bar
Ranked #7 of 57 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Fresh Catch offers the freshest local seafood, choice steaks, chops and more. Our Mansfield and North Attleboro retail locations offer a wide range of fresh seafood, prime meats, poultry and specialty items. We also ship New England Seafood specialties anywhere in the world.
Reviewed 31 December 2016

I liked this local hangout. Very good bartender who had good recommendations. I'd recommend this place to anyone who wants seafood

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Have been going to Mansfield and the Easton location for several years. I can say that 5+ years ago I really did like this restaurant for good food and hometown atmosphere. But those days are long gone. I quit the Easton location 2 years ago when we had a not so great dinner and some digestive issues after. I will say the wait staff was very nice but we just decided no longer at that location. Friend wanted to meet for lunch recently so decided for the Mansfield location. THAT WAS MY LAST TIME. We went for lunch on a not so busy weekday. We ordered chowder and 2 clam cakes each. We were looking for a nice light lunch. The chowder was good but mine was not hot at all. The claim cakes were small and cooked a bit greasy. They were really not that tasty at all. Not terrible, but just not good. THEN we get the bill and the two small clam cakes that were maybe the size of a golf ball were $8 per plate. On the menu it said $1.25 each. The wait staff said that we ordered the crab cakes not the claim cakes. We tried to say that we thought we ordered the claim cakes but they stated that was what was written down. So not only was this lunch not that great (the chowder was good but better if hot) but the $38.00 tab was unbelievable for 2 cups (not bowls) of chowder and 2 small ?clam ?crab cakes each. Absolutely DONE with this restaurant. My line of work is referrals to business and this place is off of our list of suggested places to eat.

2  Thank Nancy O
Reviewed 15 November 2016

This is the go-to seafood restaurant when you're in Mansfield. They offer everything from simple steamed clams and lobster to seared scallop salad (with lots of roasted vegetables in addition to the scallops). Reasonably priced for seafood.

The atmosphere is unpretentious (booths and tables); you enter through the fish market. Service is good and relatively quick. I haven't had to wait to be seated any of the three time I've eaten there.

The only thing that prevents me from giving this place 5 stars is the drinks charges are high ($6+ for 16 oz beer); $9+ for a medium sized wine glass.

1  Thank Timnl2015
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

Was here with a group of 6. Service is very good and staff very attentive. Had the steamed lobster tails which were cooked to perfection. The mashed potato here is very good. Someone at our table had the steak and for a seafood restaurant it was top quality. Also must mention the dessert. Lemon cake and fried Oreos (!) both were out of this world.this restaurant definitely gets 5 stars and is highly recommended

1  Thank 649rasam
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Probably the best seafood restaurant outside of Boston. Also has a retail fish store and deli. The fried clams and scallops ate first rate!

1  Thank Bob H