“Nice place for lunch - good food”
Review of Cala's Restaurant

Cala's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2018

First impression: It's a neat little place, frequented by locals and the occasional tourist (me that day). This is restaurant is a favorite of my dining partner and we had lunch here on a rainy day. Her fish taco's (two) were brimming with fish and veggies so that she finished up using a fork. My overstuffed chicken quesadilla with a side of guacamole was just delicious with lots of chicken and cheese. Many other folks were enjoying lunch at the bar or the tables and a few large screen TV's televising that day's running of the Boston Marathon activated conversations between tables - friends and strangers alike. Nice! The decor is eclectic from varied pictures to a large display of lacrosse helmets on a shelf crossing high over a dining area. I liked it so much I look forward to a return visit..

1  Thank Ann622
Mark M, Owner at Cala's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Hi Ann622,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Have a Good Day,

Mike Rossa
Manager

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I've been to Cala's many times, and the food has always been just ok. Much of the food is too greasy, and the restaurant is always too dark. I would say overall this is just an average place, worth a visit if you're hungry but don't plan a big trip here.

1  Thank AliceG4761
Mark M, Owner at Cala's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Hi Alice,

Thank you for taking the time to review Cala's. I'm glad to read you are a returning customer and I'm very grateful for your constructive feedback. It concerns me you think our food is JUST good and not GREAT. I'm hoping you'll consider returning to give us another shot to WOW you.

Have a great day!

Mike Rossa,
Manage.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

My wife and I have spent numerous evening meals at the bar where the service is attentive, drinks poured correctly and the food above average. Not too noisy and a friendly clientele.

Mark M, Owner at Cala's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Hi there hospitality2018,

Thanks so much for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again soon for dinner and drinks! Have a good day.

Mike Rossa
Manager

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Loved the place once I saw Jerry Garcia picture on the wall. Great food and service. Chicken soup was excellent on this cold,rainy day. Definitely come back again. Also decorations of lax helmets make it cool.

Mark M, Manager at Cala's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate the 5 stars and hope to see you again! Cheers, Mike.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We were seated quickly. I noted excellent food and service. We enjoyed both the seafood, and beef dishes.

Rich, Thanks for the 5 stars! Mike.