“irish pub!!!”
Review of Waxy O'Connors

Waxy O'Connors
Reserve with OpenTable
Waxy O'Connors is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 71 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Irish Pub in Lexington. Huge place with great decor and massive bar area. lots of seating. Large menu. We had the Hummus platter which serves 3 or 4 people.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Very nice restaurant, good food, reasonably priced. Nice dining area with ample room for large groups, outdoor seating. Handicap friendly, dart boards, pool tables. The service was outstanding, I am very happy to recommend this restaurant. In house entertainment on select days.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Brought a group of General Managers I oversee to this restaurant as I thought it would be a nice and themed way to end a conference in the Boston area...end it with some Irish cuisine, I mean, is there any cuisine much more iconic and foundational than Irish in Boston?

Okay, I'll say up front, stupid me for not looking at the menu before making the trip? But their name is Waxy O'Connor's IRISH Pub and Restaurant afterall, so one would naturally and logically conclude Irish Cuisine was their staple and would be commonplace...yeah, not so much.

After being seated and looking at the menu (which, by the way, appears to have been designed exclusively for people with 20/20 vision as the font size on the menu is tiny), it didn't take long to realize there weren't many Irish cuisine selections available at all. About 60 seconds in, I became rather embarrassed and disappointed as I realized this reality,and felt the need to start joking with my employees about the menu. The lack of Irish offerings became the running joke of the evening.

Seriously, not exaggerating here - they had just two Irish items on their menu. 1) Irish Tea - "Whoopie!", and 2) Shepard's Pie which, ridiculously, and comically enough, could only be ordered for lunch, not dinner. WOW, the comedy continues. Again, not exaggerating here - they had more Indian, Mexican, Russian, Asian and BBQ-inspired dishes on their menu than Irish. If I wanted my group to experience one of those types of Cuisines, I would have taken them to a place that specializes in...one of those types of cuisines. Maybe we should have had our conference in Russia. There's nothing at all Irish about this place other than some Irish saying on a wall and a room named the "Dublin Room."

Eating a box of Lucky Charms would have been a more immersive Irish experience. I polled the members of my party about the taste of their dinners and I'll just sum it up as, it wasn't "magically delicious."

I would like to thank Waxy's for one thing, the jokes that were created by our group over this obviously-comical yet pathetically ironic situation helped keep us all entertained throughout the experience.

Result for me through all of this? In an admittedly semi-childish and self-spiteful move, I only ordered a Cobb Salad. Hey, if the purpose of coming here was to experience Irish Cuisine, but they weren't offering it, then why should I order i.e. Asian Cuisine from here? Just give me some lettuce and what not.

Trip Advisor asks questions as to whether i.e. a Vegan or Vegetarian can "get a good meal at this restaurant." I selected "NO" for both, not because they don't have Vegan nor Vegetarian food, but because the question says "a good meal.' It's the word "Good" that makes that rating a "NO."

The ONLY reason I would suggest you dine here, is to test whether or not my assessment of this place is accurate, but caveat emptor, "buyer beware."

Seriously Waxy's, change the name of your establishment to more accurately reflect your brand and not mislead unsuspecting customers.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We were offered 4 selections for dinner on our Diamond Tours bus tour. I was really looking forward to fish and chips at this Irish pub style restaurant. Unfortunately, the restaurant decided to offer us a buffet with Shepherds Pie, Halibut and brownies. While it was a good buffet, I would have loved to have had the fish and chips, even if I had to pay extra.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Tuesday night and grabbing a few drinks with office team. Arrive and there is a surprising number of cars. Building is large and comfortable. Pool tables and dart boards for entertainment. Sat a bar for a few beers, good selection of drafts. Waitress was not engaging and did not seem to care if she received a tip or not.

Like the place, not the waitress. Will try again and grab some food.

Date of visit: April 2018