“Decent pub”
Review of Waxy O'Connors

Waxy O'Connors
Reserve with OpenTable
Waxy O'Connors is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 71 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Tuesday night and grabbing a few drinks with office team. Arrive and there is a surprising number of cars. Building is large and comfortable. Pool tables and dart boards for entertainment. Sat a bar for a few beers, good selection of drafts. Waitress was not engaging and did not seem to care if she received a tip or not.

Like the place, not the waitress. Will try again and grab some food.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 7 April 2018

It was St. Patrick's Day and I am Irish, a Partee that stemmed from Purdue. The food is delicious. I had mashed potatoes and Reuben. The valet help was the worse. So food YES. Staff NO. Take out DEFINITELY.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed the salmon and also fish chips dishes. Thanks bar takes center stage and was very busy. We start around the outside in nice dining area.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 21 March 2018

My husband and I had a Wonderful Fish and Chip Lunch at Waxy O'Clnnors. It was delicious!! We even ordered shoestring onion rings on one of the plates instead of chips. They were delicious also. We will return to this restaurant when we are in the neighborhood again.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I ate dinner solo here one evening after being cooped up a few days because of the recent snow storms. As soon as I entered, I was allowed to sit wherever I wanted, so I sat at the bar. The gal who served my drinks and food was very chatty, and I enjoyed having some good conversations with her! Plus, the atmosphere was very cozy...just what I needed on a chilly winter day.

The alcohol menu is quite large, offering numerous brews from around the region (as well as the standard varieties, like Blue Moon). There is also plenty to choose from on the menu. I ordered the French Onion Soup and the Irish Nachos...both solid choices!