“Great Lunch at Waxy's”
Review of Waxy O'Connors

Waxy O'Connors
Reserve with OpenTable
Waxy O'Connors is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 71 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 21 March 2018

My husband and I had a Wonderful Fish and Chip Lunch at Waxy O'Clnnors. It was delicious!! We even ordered shoestring onion rings on one of the plates instead of chips. They were delicious also. We will return to this restaurant when we are in the neighborhood again.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I ate dinner solo here one evening after being cooped up a few days because of the recent snow storms. As soon as I entered, I was allowed to sit wherever I wanted, so I sat at the bar. The gal who served my drinks and food was very chatty, and I enjoyed having some good conversations with her! Plus, the atmosphere was very cozy...just what I needed on a chilly winter day.

The alcohol menu is quite large, offering numerous brews from around the region (as well as the standard varieties, like Blue Moon). There is also plenty to choose from on the menu. I ordered the French Onion Soup and the Irish Nachos...both solid choices!

Reviewed 18 March 2018

wow , pretty mixed reviews here, but we basically liked it...big darkish place, sort of an irish british beer works, this was st pats time so the menu specials went that way and they had some pretty good music and some great little dancers!!!....service was blah which is too bad, we had the tater tot app and a corned beef reuben and both were very good, drinks were decent, it really is a pretty place and pretty big.....with some of that happy pleasant service that is supposed to come from the irish it would have been great and it was pretty darn good......except for the service!!!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We had a great time! Place was packed, which was expected. Our server was great despite the crowd. Friendly and efficient! some how, not overwhelmed with all the people!!

The table shared the warm house made chips and dip along with the pretzel. Both were devoured! Get the pretzel, it's amazing...and huge! Served with warm cheese, a cinnamon butter and I think a honey mustard for dipping. The cheese was great and the mustard was as well. (We prefer savory to sweet so didn't try the butter)

Entrees were baked Mac and cheese, veggie pizza, and Dublin dip (basically a French dip). All were well enjoyed. The veggie pizza looked really good, my Mom enjoyed it. The Mac and cheese was cheesy and filling without being too heavy. I had the Dublin Dip. The meat was tender with grilled onions, cheddar cheese and horseradish mayo with au jus for dipping. Fries were hot and crisp.

A great meal with great atmosphere. They had live music and Irish step dancers which my daughter enjoyed.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

We always do takeout at Waxy's because it is so loud in there, you can't think.
The burgers are very good and we get the onion strings instead of the French fries.
Good selection of liquor and the steak and wings are good too.

Date of visit: January 2018