All reviewssloane's tavernquiet roomplay golfcapitol stepsindoor poolbeautiful resortsteam roomdriving rangedifferent buildingscarriage housethe cottagesfitness centerthe main dining roomno elevatorgirls weekendmusic roomfine dining
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We decided to go on a quick weekend getaway Jan 11-13th 2018 and decided to try the Cranwell. The resort and staff exceeded our expectations, The Room location was perfect in the Carriage house connected to the spa and easily accessible to the Mansion. The spa, workout room and classes were great, just what I needed for a relaxing no stress weekend. I believe the resorts greatest asset are the staff, cant say enough about everyone I came across during my stay. They couldn't do enough for us and accommodated us in every way possible. Also the chocolate truffles were amazing, went online to see if I could order more, best I ever had (even from Switzerland). Keep doing what your doing Cranwell, look forward to my next stay, planning a girls spa getaway weekend soon!

Room Tip: Connected to spa in winter
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Deanna M, Director of Sales at Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Dear Donna B,

Thanks so much for your gracious 5 star review of Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort! To say the resort and staff exceeded your expectations is our goal everyday - and you should expect and receive no less. Our 35,000 square foot spa is a favoroite with our resort guests and locals as well due to the variety of activities and knowledgeable, friendly staff.

Hmmm. I can't say I've ever had our chcolocate turffles. Think I'll need to fix that soon!

Please let us know if we can assist in any way as you plan your girls' spa getaway weekend.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

This place was pricey for the hotel portion. We did a girls weekend and unfortunately it was freezing so we couldn’t enjoy the outside activities. I loved the spa. However next time I’d stay at a less expensive hotel in the area and just purchase a day pass to the spa.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends

Dear MisaMax,

Thank you for taking the time to write. I am sorry the weather was too cold for you to enjoy all the special amenities the resort has to offer. Cranwell has a 24 hour shuttle that runs throughout the property as well as hotel guest rooms that connect to the spa. Please keep those in mind when you visit us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 17 January 2018

My husband and I had fantastic time the hotel is clean and beautiful.
They offer winter sports along with a full-service spa.
Although the resort has elegant bones, it’s hardly formal; most guests included us are dressed for a day of outdoor fun.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank welovejetlag
Deanna M, Director of Sales at Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear Renatamartello22,

Thank you for choosing Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort for your Christmas getaway! We are happy to know you had a fantastic time and enjoyed the many amenities the Resort has to offer. We are ideally located in the heart of the Berkshires, close to many ski resorts, along with our own cross country skiing that takes place on our golf course.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

It is definitely a good place to go if you want a relax vacation. The location is kind of center of Berkshire MA. You can find several towns not far away. The most important is, this is an awesome place to relax in hotel itself. You can enjoy SPA, gym and all of their facilities without going outside. That is definitely a big plus when you are planning a getaway vacation during the winter. I'd definitely like to come back this place next time.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Yi-Ling H,
Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review of Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort; I couldn't have said it better myself! We are ideally located in the heart of the beautiful Berkshires, which is perfect if you want to tour the surrounding towns.

We are the only Resort in the Berkshires with a full spa, large state-of-the art fitness center, indoor pool and 3 on-site restaurants. You need to come back and experience our 18 hole golf course, tennis courts and outdoor pool. There's actually no need to ever leave!

Reviewed 16 January 2018

I stayed here this past weekend as a group of 4 adults for a relaxing spa getaway. The property itself is beautiful and impressive looking. Upon check-in, the staff was very helpful and friendly.

Now for the issues - the only co-ed area of the spa is the indoor pool which was filled with young, rowdy children who were screaming, running around, and jumping in the pool. Not much of a relaxing spa experience. So I was tied to spending my time in the woman's locker room, which was spacious and had nice amenities (razors, hair dryers, brushes, ice cold towels, tea, etc.). Be WARNED - if you are a spa visitor who enjoys using adult-only facilities in the nude, although they state the locker room is for 16+, there was a group of very young girls who were allowed in. When a staff member asked them how old they were, they clearly stated under 16 and she still allowed them to stay in the locker room. I personally keep my bathing suit on, but there were many women who enjoyed the freedom of being topless or using the steam room nude and I can understand how having young children in the locker room may be uncomfortable. Cleanliness is also an issue. At first glance, the facilities were clean; however, the steam room needs work. First, they have a bottle of eucalyptus oil which smells amazing, but the oil was sprayed all over the seating. When the oil touches bare skin, it will start burning, which is exactly what happened to my bottom. I was in there for no more than 3 minutes when I started feeling a tingling, burning sensation. Make sure you bring in a towel to sit on to avoid burning your skin. Additionally, once the steam subsided, I looked up at the ceiling at the light fixture and saw many dark spots, which I can only assume is mold. Yuck!!

On my last day there, I was hoping to have a peaceful, warm hour to wind down by the crackling of the fireplace in the registration building. I was wrong. There was a staff member who propped open a door right next to me. Keep in mind, it was below 10 degrees the entire weekend. This forced me to put on my jacket and hat. I wouldn't have minded if he had asked me beforehand. Clearly I was trying to have a warm relaxing moment by the fire. I was amazed by the inconsideration.

Overall, for the high price tag, there are much much much better spa resorts throughout New England. I would not recommend Cranwell.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank macapa125

Dear Mary P,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience and for recognizing the friendly, helpful staff and beautiful property. We are disheartened to learn you were not satisfied with some aspects of your stay. It seems you visited us on a popular family vacation weekend which explains the unusually busy pool. The rest of your comments are being looked into as I write this response.

Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we are sorry we did not live up to your expectations or our own. We do hope we have the chance to welcome you back again.

Sincerley,