All reviewssherry roomfurnace brook wineryhomemade chocolate chip cookiesfree wine tastingorchard suiteapple pickingfew minutes walkbreakfast was deliciousthe cottagescross country skiingheated poolworking fireplacerestaurants and shopscommon areaswithin easy walking distancewood burning fireplacedowntown lenox
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Went for a night away with my husband and another couple. We were greeted pleasantly, given a tour of the Inn and was made to feel right at home. Our room was extremely comfortable and we loved the fireplace. Our friends stayed in a suite which was lovely as well with a nice sitting room with a fireplace, and 2 bedrooms. The breakfast was fresh and hot and very good. The 2 Lindt chocolates on our bed when we arrived was a nice touch. We would not hesitate to stay again. A beautiful and friendly place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Only stayed one night as a stopover from Canada to Connecticut and loved it! John and staff were extremely hospitable. Our room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. We enjoyed our time in Sherry room talking with the other guests over a glass of wine. It's a very short walk to town and back after having a healthy meal a Nudel. The breakfast is fantastic. Next time we plan on skipping CT and staying for much longer!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I stayed at the Garden Gables Inn for 3 nights last week in a spacious, yet cozy room. With your stay, you get lovely inn keepers, an excellent breakfast, as well as red carpet treatment to their orchard & winery. After walking to main shops easily, I would kick back in the Sherry Room to enjoy a glass of dry sherry as if sitting in my living room. I am looking forward to my return to the Berkshires so I can come back to Lenox & stay at the Garden Gables Inn!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I just returned from a three day stay at the Garden Gables Inn. From the tasteful decor, to the comfortable rooms, the Inn is full of charm and warmth. Coveniently located a walking distance from Lenox, yet set back from the road, it is ideally located. Breakfast was sensational (included), and the service was impeccable. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We just completed a three and a half week tour of the Northeastern United States, which included three nights at the Garden Gables Inn. While it is a lovely inn with good service, breakfast, and common areas, I would suggest being very selective in the room chosen. We were traveling with another couple and I had booked the rooms, keeping them the same price for both of us. We were shown our friends room, #1, which was large, roomy, 2 twins made into a king bed, had a sitting area with two chairs and corner windows which provided lots of light. Then, we were shown our room, #4, which was the same price as room #1, but almost half the size, much smaller, no sitting area, barely enough room for two suitcases, a queen bed, and located over an area where an exhaust fan came on early in the morning, probably from the kitchen. Had we not paid the same price, it would not have been an issue, but to be charged the same for a significantly inferior room just didn't seem right. In fairness, when we asked about this discrepancy and for a price adjustment, we were given a $50 credit off the entire bill. Our feeling is the room should be priced lower to begin with. So, while it is lovely, be aware of their pricing structure and value for your money. I will add that we stayed at other B&B's on our trip that were just as lovely and not nearly as expensive.

Room Tip: See previous comments.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple