“Great Restaurant, Great Entertainment!”

The Gateways Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 62 Restaurants in Lenox
Price range: US$18 - US$35
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2015

The owners of The Gateways Inn & Restaurant are so nice. They made suggestions for my husband and I that were perfect for our one night, two day stay in Lenox, MA (our first time in the Berkshires.) Their food was wonderful and their jazz entertainment the evening we were there was so enjoyable. We are grateful our journey was to pass through their doors.

1  Thank Cabaechle

Reviewed 25 October 2015

Gateways definitely has the look. A beautiful B&B, great lounge to hang while listening to music and grab a bite, but their restaurant really lacks consistency and a service level that reflects the rest of the place. On our last visit we had the prix fixe (a good deal) and a la carte choices.
The food was mixed. The sides and apps were much better than the main courses. The veal dish had a great tang of meyers lemon, but it was slightly overcooked; however, the creamy leek side was terrific. The sweatbreads were more minerally and less creamy than the best restaurants serve; however, the cold pea soup had intense pea flavor.
Even though the restaurant wasn't that crowded on a Friday night they were out of a number of items on the menu, and the service was equal to a poorly run diner. No asking if we wanted refills of drinks, nor bread, nor asking if everything is OK, plus the food was very slow in coming to the table. The staff was very friendly, so maybe it is lack of training.
There are a lot of really good restaurants within walking distance. I would chose one of those.

Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

️The Gateways Restaurant is a fun place with delicious, unfussy food. We had dinner on a Saturday night. Good wine list. My duck breast was perfect with garlicky Swiss chard (would have liked more of it), my wife had a juicy chicken breast. The piano afterwards had a talented vocalist and librettist playing Broadway and related show tunes. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 23 October 2015

We had the chicken, beef, and fish on a crowded Saturday evening. Everyone's food was fresh and hot and delicious. The sides were creamy mashed potatoes that melt in your mouth and vegetables. Everything was great & everyone in our large party enjoyed the slow, relaxed pace of dining @ the Gateways Inn. Thank you Michele & Eiran for making us feel just like family!

Reviewed 22 October 2015

I had the great, good pleasure of dining at the Gateways Inn this past week with friends and family. If it's possible that the experience could be better than the last visit here, I'll say that it was. I came with high expectations that were somehow exceeded. Same Inn keepers, same excellent service, better(?) food and superior attention. How do they do it?

We strategically ordered different evening meals so we could share (but don't ask for any of my dessert). I had a perfectly cooked steak, chicken so tender it barely required chewing and a trout that was seasoned to perfection. Still my favorite meal is the Sunday breakfast buffet. Too many delicious items to mention, but suffice it to say all the food is made with love by owner Michele Gazit.

If you make a reservation in the dinning room (although you can eat at the bar or the lounge) be sure to stay for the entertainment in the lounge afterwards with a nice after dinner beverage. We heard a young gentleman of maybe 25 croon like an old timer. The place was packed yet comfortable. I may have danced a bit too!