“Fine dining in casual comfort”

Alta Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #4 of 64 Restaurants in Lenox
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 17 January 2018

My friend and I booked dinner at Alta based on online reviews. We wanted one upscale dinner during our weekend away and we were not disappointed. From the salads to the mussels in a basil sauce and the Idaho trout, none of the courses failed to deliver. We liked it so much we went back for lunch the next day, which was a more casual menu and yet still a step above the usual. Will go again.

Date of visit: January 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Dinner has a varied and interesting menu. All entrees have a recommended glass of wine. When we had questions, staff were extremely knowledgeable and took time to thoughtfully answer questions so that we could make the best choice. Had mussels with a basil pesto that were amazing and trout that was excellent. Returned the next day for lunch which was a more casual ambiance and a nice menu - mix of sandwiches, salads and soup. Huge portions but healthy options.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

My friend and I had lunch and a very good glass of wine while passing through Lenox recently. The food was excellent and nicely presented. Also appreciated the help with a wine - I told the waiter my tastes and his selection was spot on!

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Delightful dinner but a bit too rich for us. Good selection of wine, excellent service and a cozy atmosphere. The trout with butter sauce, pistachios and spinach is one of their popular dishes. Also enjoyable was their pork dish,

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I highly recommend this restaurant. The duck was great. My wife had trout which was to die for. Service was great as well