“Interesting food and excellent service”

Alta Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in Lenox
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Dinner has a varied and interesting menu. All entrees have a recommended glass of wine. When we had questions, staff were extremely knowledgeable and took time to thoughtfully answer questions so that we could make the best choice. Had mussels with a basil pesto that were amazing and trout that was excellent. Returned the next day for lunch which was a more casual ambiance and a nice menu - mix of sandwiches, salads and soup. Huge portions but healthy options.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,133)

Reviewed 13 January 2018

My friend and I had lunch and a very good glass of wine while passing through Lenox recently. The food was excellent and nicely presented. Also appreciated the help with a wine - I told the waiter my tastes and his selection was spot on!

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Delightful dinner but a bit too rich for us. Good selection of wine, excellent service and a cozy atmosphere. The trout with butter sauce, pistachios and spinach is one of their popular dishes. Also enjoyable was their pork dish,

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I highly recommend this restaurant. The duck was great. My wife had trout which was to die for. Service was great as well

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Alta is a great atmosphere, with a cool bar. For the most part, everything we ordered was delicious, however, we got the beef and were a little underwhelmed. It was very well cooked but just not that flavorful.