“Looks like fun but was closed durning our visit!”

Berkshire Scenic Railway Museum
Ranked #9 of 24 things to do in Lenox
More attraction details
Owner description: Travel in restored 1920's passenger cars staffed by our friendly volunteer train crew. Serving the historic western Massachusetts villages of Lenox, Lee, and Stockbridge.
Reviewed 1 March 2017

We drove to the Railway Museum and did see the train but unfortunately the place is only open from May to Oct. We drove there to check out the distance from our unit. Looks like it is worth the drive. So sorry we missed it...I love trains!

Reviewed 3 November 2016

I was very disappointed in this train ride. I had high hopes of seeing some wonderful sights from the train but it was mostly the backs of business buildings and homes. The train goes 2 stops on the train route and then retraces it steps. There are no restrooms on the train but they do have a porta-potty in the parking lot. You do not get off the train until you are back at the station.

1  Thank scronk73
Reviewed 6 July 2016

enjoyed a brief, but short back and forth train ride as it's great especially for young kids as well as young families or older people which we had a lot on the train and good ops for pictures as well as the museum there is great the price is low too compared with most around the area.

Reviewed 10 April 2016

This was a fun family experience. we were able to take our 2 year old and have a fantastic time. He loves it.

2  Thank mercierjulie87
Reviewed 10 October 2015

I was on the new hoosac line it is great it is about 50 min. It was $10 for my child and I we were some of the first people to ride it. It is amazing.

1  Thank Sawyer S