“Great Lobster Pie!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2016

We had dinner at the Morgan House before seeing a play at the Berkshire Theater Festival. There is ample parking a few steps to the left of the restaurant. The Morgan house provided a homey comfortable atmosphere, and the setting was quiet enough to hold a speaking-level conversation. Service was quick and attentive. I ordered the Lobster Pie and was delighted. There was a generous amount of large pieces of lobster in a superb newberg sauce. The crust was light and flakey, more like a layered croissant than a pie crust. It was served with fresh steamed vegetables that complemented the pie nicely given that they were light and the pie was a little rich. Anticipating a heavy main course, I ignored the appetizers, and ordered a simple garden salad with the house vinaigrette as my first course. The salad tasty, had nice fresh greens, and was larger than I expected. Although the Lobster Pie was rich, I wasn't overwhelmed and still had room enough for desert. I ordered the brownie with black raspberry ice cream, (my favorite flavor), The brownie was soft and rich and blended well with the ice cream topping. Note that I rated this restaurant a "cheap eat", after having been in San Diego CA for a week where the typical prices for a meal are much higher! I don't recall anything on this menu costing more then the low $20s, with most dinners in the $ teens. The Morgan House is close to the Berkshire Theater Festival if you are looking for a nice place to eat before or after a performance. Enjoy!

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Honestly, it wasn't our intention to eat here, but they were the only game in town on Labor day. We enjoyed our lunch so much, we decided to head back for dinner. Same pleasant waitress, better meal. As chef/owner of a banquet facility in Connecticut, I highly recommend the Morgan House.

1  Thank Charles T
Reviewed 9 September 2016

The Morgan House has a new owner with a new attitude and a new menu (with some traditional favorites still on it). Verne knows how to run a restaurant and bar, and it shows with his additions to both menu and atmosphere. Great local hang.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

We walked in without a reservation and were warmly greeted by the owner who welcomed us and showed us to our table. Angel was our server and we could not have asked for anyone better to take care of us; she was all smiles, very knowledgeable and an excellent server. All portions were perfect. In fact, the Morgan Salad could have been our dinner- very generous and delicious. My wife had the petite filet mignon- cooked to perfection and just the right size, I had salmon grilled medium and was delicious. Along with warm rolls we had little if any room left for dessert. The offerings for dessert all sounded yummy but will have to wait for our next visit. A wonderful last meal for our Berkshires 2016 vacation. A definite return visit. And yes, prices are very reasonable!

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch while on vacation and riding through Lee. So glad that we did. We were cordially greeted by a whirlwind named Donna who never seems to stop for a minute! We saw her do everything required in a restaurant in excellent time, all the while remaining friendly and attentive to us. If you like a very special burger, fresh meat, not frozen, you should have one here as we both did. Delicious and perfectly cooked to order. Take that advice from someone who usually orders chicken and fish as healthy choices! Many other tempting dishes on the menu in this special place which once was a stagecoach stop in the mid-nineteenth century. Would love to revisit this comfortable gem if time allows!

1  Thank palmyralady