1,312 results
All reviews sea coast martha's vineyard cape cod main street donuts ferry tickets beach towels washer and dryer continental breakfast short walk positive reviews small kitchenette each morning location is great jfk museum the breakfast area hard boiled eggs
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Agree with the many positive reviews. Every detail good from free laundry to washing up liquid in kitchenette. Location good for ferry, beaches and restaurants.

Staff very friendly and efficient. Highly recommended.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thomas G, Front Office Manager at SeaCoast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Thank you Mike! The season's getting quite slow out there and we're about to close until April, but we're getting some fresh paint (amongst other items) up and ready to go for April!

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

Very friendly service by Tommy and Donna. Very clean and great location. Walking distance from main street. Very accomadating. Breakfast included. Close to restaurants and marina. JFK museum located in town. Very nice.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thomas G, Front Office Manager at SeaCoast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

Thank you David! Glad you found our location so convenient too. ツ

Reviewed 19 October 2016

We arrived a little early so our room wasn't quite ready, but we were able to leave our car and the receptionist helpfully recommended some good suggestions for a bite to eat and a short wander before check in.

At check in Tommy was really friendly and helpful - he gave us loads of tips for places to eat and visit during our stay.

When we arrived in our room we were thrilled to find rose petals, a card and a bottle of fizz to celebrate our honeymoon - a lovely gesture.

The room itself was great - king size bed, nice little view over the park area behind, and clean. The bed was really comfortable too.

Breakfast was enough to get you set for the day and it was nice to have a choice between a selection of items including toast, bagels, waffles, cereals and yogurts.

The only very minor thing we'd suggest is swapping the coffee pot for a kettle in the room and offering some tea making supplies - but that's just because we're Brits and we like our tea.

Room tip: The floors are laminate so if you're on the ground floor you might be at risk from noisy upstairs neighbours.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thomas G, Front Office Manager at SeaCoast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Hello David and thank you! Glad you liked the card, bubbly, and rose petals the ladies added for your anniversary too! This time of year most of the restaurants have closed, though a few stalwarts remain. (The Black Cat a block away.) We've just been going through a beautiful Indian Summer here... and now the leaves are coming down en masse! Your room's a perfect place to view Autumn from.
Oh, and on the tea: I keep a box of wonderful breakfast tea up in a drawer in the breakfast room, especially for my over-the-pond guests. So please feel free to ask!

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Stayed in room 24. First thing I checked was sheets which looked gently used certainly not pressed or smooth. There is a coffee maker in the room but no cups able to hold hot liquid?? They also should consider mounting the tv on the wall to get it off the desk as well as the alarm clock which should be beside the bed anyways.
The bathroom was clean and the towels were good but after a couple of minutes in the shower I was standing in almost ankle deep water. Very slow drain.
The breakfast was okay but no Dunkin donuts this time since they are closed down. Hard boiled eggs and the usual standard fare for cold breakfast. It was much quieter without Terri or Al there to ask about our plans for the day and offering travelling and site seeing tips. Those two made the Sea Coast special. Now it's your standard hotel.
But life goes on and change is constant. I guess my review is more or less directed at those persons that stayed here under Al and Terri's ownership who were made to feel like they were staying at a B&B.

Room tip: Make sure you ask for a kitchenette room if you want that since not all rooms are equipped.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Craiger
Thomas G, Front Office Manager at SeaCoast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Hello Craiger and thank you for your review! First off I'd like to let you know that Terri and Al are doing great in their (semi-retired) move to Sarasota. I visited last Autumn to find her so relaxed - not the Tasmanian Devil I was so used to seeing hurrying about! If you're ever down that way you'll have to look them up at their fine little 9-room HotelRanola. Perhaps Al's even found a donut shop nearby so that he can bring the big pink box in each morning! ☺
As far as room 24 goes, it's pretty much as Terri and Al left it, though true: an occasional drain in this room or that needs to be cleared. I'm sure Sandy will see this and make improvements to having coffee cups if possible (most, but not all rooms have cupboards).
I wish I'd gotten to meet you. Nice bike you have there! I enjoy pedaling my Haibike Fatsix on the hard packed sands of our beaches here...

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

The hotel was good value for the money. But has gone down from the excellent reviews from before The amazing front desk isn't there anymore. The people at the front desk barely spoke to us. Rooms are clean. We had a room on the ground floor so you can hear all the footsteps above you as the floors are all hardwood and not carpeted. Nice little kitchen in each room. Decent free breakfast Location is great. Short walk to ferries and to JFK museum

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thomas G, Front Office Manager at SeaCoast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Hello Swoop and thank you for your review! I'm sorry to hear about the front desk - my shift just got changed to a 4PM start, and I don't know about the how well the gals up front inform now that I'm not there. Please anyone though: Feel free to come up and ask for a local (or island) map when I'm there and I'll be glad to show you around!
We do keep the upstairs rooms to "kings" so that there's a max of two people above the rooms. I'm glad you liked the JFK too: I'm heading there in a few minutes to show my cousins (arriving from Utah!) around.