“Great food”
Review of Portside Tavern

Portside Tavern
Ranked #9 of 214 Restaurants in Hyannis
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I am definitely influenced by ambiance when dining out. The evening prior we sat in the bar area at the Portside, which has a nice ambiance. Came back the next night for dinner and found the dining area a little disappointing. The table arrangement felt a little odd, lighting (too bright), empty candle holder diasappointing, such a huge tv in the dining area annoying and the bussing bins in plain view on the floor made it a little uncomfortable. If the lights had been dimmed it would have made all the difference. Onto the food... no bread is served, either which was fine, but with my meal, a slice would have been nice to sop up some of the luscious sauce. I had the half order of wedge salad which was excellent, and then the saffon pasta with shrimp and lobster, which was outstanding! Our waitress was so nice and accomodating.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

It was tasty and the service was .good,very good dishes. The food came fast and fresh,all the dishes were good s

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Being on Cape Cod, most people look for a restaurant on the water. This place is not on the water, but it was the best dinner we had on the Cape over the 3 weeks we were there! My 3 daughters (ages 18 and twin 14 year olds) and I had dinner here, and we all loved our food! The atmosphere isn't fancy, but the staff and the food are so great. I had the salmon, unbelieveable! I am still dreaming about it! My one (picky) daughter had the Cuban sandwich, it was great. The other had a burger, and the other had the vegetarian flatbread and all was fantastic! The server was just wonderful (sorry name escapes me, it was a few weeks ago). Can't say enough good things about it, and we will definitely be back!

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Food and service was very good. We had the salmon and cod.
We ate there two times this last week and enjoyed it. Would not hesitate to go back again.
Not on the main street so parking was not a problem, they have their own lot.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

This is a very nice place. The food is varied and tastes great. Every time. Extensive beer menu, great staff. Very comfortable rooms n Hyannis. Best of luck to the owners!! They try hard and succeed in turning this location around!!! Thanks!!!