“Best Roast Beef”
Review of Monty's Roast Beef - CLOSED

Monty's Roast Beef
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Reviewed 30 May 2016

Best Roast Beef on Cape Cod. Pastrami gets great reviews, but rarely available, maybe 1-2 days a week ( Check on Fridays). Parking is limited & they need to repair pot holes.

Reviewed 14 May 2016

From time to time I would be stuck in traffic in from of this little restaurant in Hyannis and was intrigued by the aromas coming from it. So when my brother in law offered to buy lunch in return for helping him with some moving of boxes, I quickly said let's try that roast beef place by the airport.
Located on a busy portion of Route 28 near the airport, this is great place to stop on the way to the mall or coming back from it, and it is also worth being a destination.
When you first enter you will be quickly greeted by the counter person who takes your order. The menu is on the wall behind her. While it offers a wide array of sandwiches I was there for the roast beef that I would smell cooking when I was close by. As my wife doesn't like them and I never have them at home I ordered mine on an onion roll with some lettuce, tomato mayo and horseradish sauce. I also got a piece of cheddar on it as well. The buns are hot but the meat isn't which is fine by me and the roast beef is rare also good. We also ordered a basket of fries to share. It didn't take long to get our food, and I was truly surprised by the weight of the sandwich when I picked it up for the first bite. Truly a lot of meat and I ordered the small version. Very tasty and enjoyable. The fries were also great.
I saw a lot of other dishes going by and they all looked very large as well.
We sat at the counter and there are tables and chairs there as well. The waitstaff was friendly and helpful.
A wide selection of beverages available including beers.
Lots of people came in to pick up their phone in orders while we were there. Credit cards accepted.
This is a place to come back to even if I am not going someplace else in the area.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

I was driving by and spotted the sign advertising "roast beef" and instantly my mouth began to water. I had already ate lunch so I had to wait until the next day but it was worth it. The staff was very friendly. I ordered the roast beef the "3-way" which was mayo, BBQ sauce and cheese. It's a cold sandwich but was really good. I mean really good. Price wasn't too bad either. There's plenty of seats plus they do takeout. They also have Mexican sodas which is a plus. The roast beef was really tasty, wish I lived nearby so I could visit more often.

Reviewed 28 March 2016

It took several months for me to get my husband to try this restaurant. It is across from the Barnstable Airport on a busy street. Finally last fall we tried it. He said to me, "this is the best roast beef sandwich I ever had". Now when we are on Cape Cod, he always says he can't wait to get to Monty's. The roast beef is juicy and a bit rare. They serve other types of sandwiches too.

Reviewed 30 January 2016

I am a 30 year roast beef connoisseur and have tested all the best roast beef sandwiches in New England. My favorite has been Province Street Deli in Boston .... Until today. My wife and I each had a roast beef sandwich on a bulky roll at Monty's in hyannis near the airport and it blew away all competition! If you love roast beef sandwiches don't miss Monty's!