“Nice, relaxing visit”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hyannis B&B and Inns
new york, ny
“Nice, relaxing visit”
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We enjoyed our 3-night stay at the CC Ocean Manor - Martin is a pleasure and goes out of his way to show you around and suggest places to visit, dine etc. We had told him we were in Hyannis to celebrate my father-in-law's 80th birthday and the next morning, Martin gave my FIL a small gift for his birthday - very sweet and thoughtful!

The inn is clean and quaint, very New England-y decor. Our kind size bed was very comfortable - Having an a/c was great, albeit it was a bit on the noisy side. Also, I wish they would put a box of tissues in each room, and provide towels that are a bit larger - I am not a big person and I couldnt wrap the towel around me after coming out of the shower. The plumbing at alot of these older B&Bs is old so our bathtup easily backed up while showering due to the tiny drain - The wall to wall carpeting, although cozy, was not ideal to me; I would prefer wood floors with area rugs due to my allergies, and the fact that there is always alot of moisture in the air at the Cape, esp near the water where this B&B is...

The continental breakfast served was standard fare - The fresh muffins each morning were excellent and I enjoyed the fresh fruit platter - I only wish they also offered at least some sort of protein at breakfast, maybe yogurt and/or hard boiled eggs - It was nice to sit on the back deck for breakfast, and to just relax and read a magazine.

We went to Alberto's in town one night for dinner - Food was excellent, a bit crazy during busy hours, but our waitress was pleasant and helpful - I had a delicious fresh fruit/ice cream dessert in a waffle bowl that was very tasty and refreshing! I also recommend the Raw Bar in town...excellent lobster roll - its $25 which seems like a lot, but its really has the meat of at least 2 standard rolls.....my MIL and I split one and each had a cup of NE Clam Chowder, a perfect light summer dinner! We went out to a late breakfast/brunch at The Original Gourmet Brunch place on Main St Hyannis - I loved the omelette, and my MIL loved their Brunch Supreme specialty dish -

Overall Martin is very sweet and friendly, just an all around decent guy, and his staff is pleasant and helpful - He hugged and kissed us all goodbye! I like that he leaves a hot water carafe out at all times if you want coffee/tea to take to your room - and a cookie jar, although it would be ideal if the cookie jar was filled with freshly homemade cookies instead of the store bought kind...but I am not complaining about the choc covered graham crackers which was just what I needed with my tea after the long drive to the Cape!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 August 2011

My husband and I visited Cape Cod this August for the first time, staying at the Cape Cod Ocean Manor. When we arrived, the owner's daughter Ashley provided us with suggestions on dining and a hand drawn map that turned out to be very useful. We were seeking a quiet vacation on the Cape and the Ocean Manor gave us just what we desired. The owner Martin was always open to assisting us with our needs, including rides into the main part of Hyannis which was fifteen minute walk otherwise.
Recognizing that we were early risers, Martin and his assistant Holly provided us with our own coffee maker. At breakfast they served a variety of healthy foods, as well as delicious homemade muffins.Yum! Our room was beautifully adorned and had spectacular views of the saltwater marshes leading to the ocean. The attentiveness of Martin and his staff made our vacation in Hyannis memorable and we plan to return.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Niskayuna, New York
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We frequent the Cape yearly and have stayed in many B & Bs. However, this was absolutely the best time myself, husband, and three girls have had. Martin is accommodating, warm, informative, and hospitable. The Manor is clean, well decorated, up to date and is ideally located. From extra beach towels, umbrellas, big breakfasts, cookies, tea, to numerous other amenities not mentioned on the website, we look forward to staying there again around Christmas time. Martin made my children feel at home, treating them as family. The staff is very attentive to needs to the point of not even needing to ask. They are extremely warm and friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Lake Forest, California
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The Host make you feel welcome like you are family. the location is spot on when you want to be a beach goer and chill and if you want to hit the town a short walk to main st. Martin will even give you a ride if you ask. The rooms are very nice, clean and big enough for comfort. this is a solid B&B run by really good friendly folks, I have enjoyed the times I have stayed and will continue to use it as the go to place to stay while visiting Cape Cod. This is a very cool B&B...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2011

My friend and I were staying at another B&B, which was completely disgusting. We called The Cape Cod Ocean Manor to see if they had any rooms available. Unfortunately they did not, but Martin, the owner, went out of his way to help us find another place in town to stay. Keep in mind, this was total last minute, at the end of July... The Cape's busiest time of the year... He took time out of his busy day to find us somewhere clean and affordable that we could stay for the weekend. He had us stop by his place to pick up some maps, and so he could give us directions to our new hotel. While there, he gave us a tour or The Cape Cod Ocean Manor. Needless to say we were very jealous not to be staying there! It was beautiful! Very homey and bright!! Because our new hotel was not as close to the beach as we would have liked, Martin allowed us to park our car in his personal driveway, while we were at the beach during the day, so we would not have to pay for parking. If it was not for Martin, our weekend would have been ruined!! We are so grateful for all of his kindness and help! We will ABSOLUTELY be staying at the Cape Cod Ocean Manor next year for our girls' weekend!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mickbl27
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
1.5 km away
5.0 km away
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
#4 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Cape Cod Ocean Manor? Share your experiences!