“BEST SANDWICH COOL RESTAURANT”
Review of Common Ground Cafe

Common Ground Cafe
Ranked #17 of 203 Restaurants in Hyannis
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 29 July 2015

We went here last summer and loved it. My daughter the pickiest eater ever loved it. We are going to Hyannis this weekend and my kids ask how many times can we eat at the tree house restaurant. Loved it. Great prices. Excellent food. Cool eating area.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

We stumbled across the Common Ground for a quick lunchtime sandwich. Yes, it does feel like you are entering some film set, but I must say, the food was excellent, with interesting waiting staff.

Reviewed 15 July 2015

I only had smoothies from Common Ground, but ended up stopping two more times for the smoothies. They were the best I've ever had! They were accomodating with my allergies, and kind staff too. A cute place.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

It was a hot day and we had just arrived in Hyannis. This was such a lovely find. The waiting staff were charming, the decor totally unique and the food ever so tasty. We were blown away by the uniqueness of this place!

Reviewed 8 July 2015

It's known as the hobbit house. Totally unique and quirky on the inside. I liked the décor choices, but the food was just ok. I think they make their own breads (wheat, rye, and one other I've forgotten). No white bread here. I had a grilled cheese. The cheese part was yum, but the bread wasn't great, and seemed to be too dry. We had smoothies which were very good. Word of caution, they seem kind of cultish. It's run by a sect, and all the workers are from the same sect. A little creepy to me, as the elder-type is always watching the crowd. I felt like he was hovering around us all. The server seemed awkward, the greeter was awkward, everyone seemed, well, awkward. I would only go back for smoothies, and I'd probably get them to go.

3  Thank Julie S