“A great find!”
Review of Cape Winds Resort

Cape Winds Resort
Reviewed 16 September 2016

I initially chose this resort because I thought it was right on the main street downtown. Last time we stayed at the Courtyard Resort, which was a great location right in town. It turns out this was actually on WEST Main St., a mile from town. Driving was easy, but it wasn't conducive to walking to all the restaurants at night.

However, as it turns out, we really liked the location! It was quiet and right next to a Shaw's supermarket and our favorite breakfast place, The Daily Paper. When they gave us the key and we checked out the room, we found that it had a queen bed, and it was an upstairs unit. I hated the thought of dragging my huge suitcase upstairs with no elevator. I did the like the layout of the room, though. I believe it was #30 or #31. I went to the office to see if they had any king bed units, and they said they did but it had a spiral staircase. We didn't care about that so they were very happy to switch us.

We really liked the unit. It was #3 right across from the office. You walk into the bedroom with a big closet and full bath. Then upstairs is a really nice kitchen/living room area with a half bath and deck. I loved spending time up there, especially when my boyfriend was sleeping in the morning. There's also a TV on both floors. The WiFi was free and fast. They also have complimentary coffee (and even donuts on Sunday) in the office, but it doesn't open until 8 am. If you need coffee before then, there's a Dunkin' Donuts within walking distance (5 minutes).

There's no housekeeping, which I kind of liked (we didn't have to worry about our valuables since there was no safe in the room); however, they had an envelope for a tip for the maid, which I found strange since we never saw her. I wasn't sure what to do about that but we did leave a nominal amount.

I would definitely go back to Cape Winds. I never met Clayton but the rest of the office staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: If you want all one level, get the ones on the sides. If you want the separate space upstairs, reser...
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank meow5834

Reviewed 10 September 2016

Nice timeshare experience. Clayton, general manager, always takes the time to make sure everything is right for you. Liz is very helpful as well. The Townhouse style has a spiral staircase (which might not work for everyone) that takes you up to the living/dining areas. Nice deck to hang out. Condo is centrally located with lots of things to do in Hyannis and all up and down the Cape.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Cesyla
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

A nice, clean place to stay! The place is a little old, but kept up well. Spotless! Staff was exceedingly helpful in whatever we needed! They Recommended great restaurants which were exactly what are expectations were . Would definitely stay there again!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2016

We really enjoyed our stay! We were pleasantly surprised to enter our room and realize that a spiral staircase led to an upstairs where there was a kitchen and living room area! (The staircase would be difficult for a large person or for small children. We just carried our toddler upstairs and made sure to block the stair entrance, so he didn't have access). Everything was clean, and it was great to have a kitchen with all the necessary supplies to fix dinner and breakfast. Although the location isn't necessarily right next to the ocean, it was a very short drive to Veterans Beach, which is family friendly... as well as a TON of stores and restaurants. So as long as you don't mind hopping into your car for a few minutes, it's a great location! The staff was friendly, and we'll definitely come back to stay!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2016

Just came back from a weekend away, really wish I could have stayed longer. It is a great place They offer free coffee daily. The unit was very clean and just the right amount of space. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. Clayton the General Manager is a great people person and very Polite and accommodating by letting guests still used the pool etc even if they just checked out , after the guest had declined as he had to be somewhere. Clayton extended the offer to the guest that if he was still in the area later on that he could come back and use the facilities if he wanted to. He suggested for me checking out one of the 6 beaches part of the cape cod national sea shore and was glad to have found a beach with waves. Thank you Clayton for your help and it was a pleasure of meeting you. I would recommend and return again when time allows.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank jimbo03598
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
5 km away
2.9 km away
Hyannis Travel Inn
Hyannis Travel Inn
#4 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Cape Winds Resort? Share your experiences!