“Favorite winter escape”

Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Boston, Massachusetts
“Favorite winter escape”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We escape here a few times every winter for a quiet, romantic and comfortable break. We love the fluffy, soft comforters and pillows, the huge heated indoor pool and jacuzzi which is the hottest we've ever experienced. The rooms facing the golf course cost more but the view is worth it. We try to avoid weekends when there are big conventions. This past weekend, President's Day, we thought would be sold out and were surprised to get in. There was a girls hockey tournament group in for the week and there was some noise in the halls but it didn't dampen our experience. We love the Cape in the winter months when the traffic is light and the beaches are empty.

Room Tip: Best indoor pool and jacuzzi on the Cape
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Mid Coast Maine, Maine
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed here in February for 4 nights over the weekend in connection with a business event that was taking place at the hotel. Consequently, convenience was my first priority, along with price.

Our room was fairly clean, except for some dried up grout or dirt on the bathroom floor (that was gone the next morning). However, some attention to maintenance details is needed for the dented refrigerator and badly chipped tiles in the shower. The bathroom towels were worn and thin, but there were plenty of them. The rooms were usually made up promptly except for one day when I returned to the room at 1PM and it had not been touched. Upon bringing this to the attention of the front desk, it was done immediately.

My biggest disappontment was the lack of on-site food available. On Friday and Monday mornings, neither restaurant was opened for breakfast nor was the lobby Starbucks coffee station. You had no choice but to go into town, and nothing was within walking distance. Likewise, on Sunday night, there was no place in the hotel open for food. While I do understand this happening in the off-season, it would have been appreciated if I was informed of this upon check-in, and then I could have planned accordingly.

Used the very large gym, and took 2 exercise classes during my stay. Both the gym use and classes were at no charge for guests. These facilities were excellent, clean, and very well maintained. Also, had a massge in the spa with an OUTSTANDING therapist named Casey.

Our room was conveniently located up the main stairs from the lobby. However, if you had a large amount of luggage and needed to use the luggage cart, or had a problem with stairs, this would be a problem. Although there is elevator access to the second floor, once on the second floor lobby, you need to go down a small set of stairs and trough a door to reach the rooms.

I would stay here again for business, but would look elsewhere if I were in town on vacation.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sailorgirl2001
Reviewed 30 December 2011

This hotel lacks hospitality, the food is overpriced and it is in desperate need of renovations.

• Stayed December 2011
4 Thank Pamwan

Travellers are raving about these Hyannis hotels

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 20 November 2011

My husband attended a business conference at this motel that lasted several days. I went along since I had never been to Cape Cod. I was so dissapointed! Upon seeing the room, we tried to get reservations somewhere else, but everything was booked, and this was the place where the meetings would be afterall. The place is piece mealed together. It is 2 stories, and rooms are down a series of bizarre long halls with numerous steps and doors that slam between each hall. We parked our rental car close to our room by the laundry area and had to haul our bags up the steps. In the morning, we had to walk a mile to get from our room to the lobby for coffee, traversing halls, doors, steep steps, and worn filthy carpet. Breakfast was a little stand in the corner of the lobby. Our room had a mildew smell, old carpet, worn furniture, and a free standing ac which at first did not work, then it roared and clanged all night. The bathroom was odd. It had a tub/shower combo and a big empty space. Our room had a balcony, but we never used it. My husband said the conference area was nicer than the rooms. We did use the workout facilities together, and that was small but nice enough. The room however, just gave me the creeps and I could not feel comfortable there. Thank goodness I had a car, because you would not want to stay in the room for any length of time, and nothing is in walking distance. I don't know when this motel was built, but I think they should tear it down and start all over.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Terri879
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Attended a conference and stayed 3 nights over a weekend. I had reserved a king bed and got two doubles despite reserving months in advance. The halls and doors are worn out and there is so little sound proofing a friend of mine woke up when the clock radio alarm went off in the room next to his. My room had some sort of pipes in the wall which were loud enough to wake you up . The work out room is well equipped and the pool is huge. The staff was nice and the bar food was OK. I only had dinner there. Without a car there is no where to walk to.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank JohnDPortland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
2.3 km away
3.6 km away
Bayside Resort Hotel
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis? Share your experiences!