“A Bit Over Priced”

Add it.
Hudson Dairy Joy
Ranked #4 of 4 Dessert in Hudson
Reviewed 3 November 2014

The seafood is very fresh, lightly battered and delicious but they need to salt it once out of the fryer. The Ice Cream is very good but the frappes (milkshakes to you non New Englanders) should be thicker. They have great onion rings thinly sliced with a light batter (again salt when removing from fryer) The best value is to split a fisherman's platter, (Haddock, 4 Shrimp, 4 -5 Scallops, a ton of Clams, Fries & Onion Rings) $21.00. Hubbie likes the peninis, but everything else is a bit over priced for not being at the shore. This is a small blue collar, inland town, so it should be priced accordingly. It's a seasonal place with take out and some tables for outdoor dining. All that being said we go back every season 3-4 times and will continue to as long as we live in town.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We live in the area and go there for ice cream, and also for fried clams. Their clams are good but expensive, however, there aren't many nearby alternatives. Until today, we've been ok with the prices, since they gave a very good sized portion.

This evening we ordered a "medium" container of just clams, that was priced at $27.80. In the past, that has been been a very full serving for my wife and me, however, today's portion was considerably smaller and definitely not worth that price. Before he bagged it, I had seen it from a distance and it seemed smaller but he indicated it was a "medium". I figured that perhaps it was just my distant view, since we've ordered that size in the past. When I got home and opened it, my wife and I were both very disappointed at the paltry size of the portion for ~ $28.

Sadly, this was the last time we'll be going there for fried seafood. Their clams are not THAT good.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

So fun to go here. Yummy, really yummy food with surprising choices such as healthy salads
and sandwiches. The food seems like really good quality. And of course...fantastic ice cream.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

A good variety of flavors altho they don't make my favorite "Cherry Joy" anymore. Their soft serve and frozen yogurt are good too. They also have good dinners to take home.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

big prices, big food. Portions are very big, enough to split. Quality of ingredients defines the price point, so if you are expecting this summer shack to be a hot dog stand priced joint - forget it. Manager and Head Chef Mike takes pride in his food and shack, keeps it really clean, kitchen is clean and everything is cooked to order, so DONT BE IN A HURRY. Fried clams are excellent - you'd swear you are in Gloucester! Kids love the meaty juicy (greasy) cheese burgers with fries. Ice cream is made in MA from local dairies. Its a SHACK not a restaurant, so expect the "shack feel", and well executed "summer shack" meals. Staff is very friendly

Been to Hudson Dairy Joy? Share your experiences!