“Hudson Creamery ! Seafood , Burgers, Ice Cream-AWESOME!”
Review of Hudson Dairy Joy

Hudson Dairy Joy
Ranked #3 of 4 Dessert in Hudson
Reviewed 12 July 2015

My wife and I were driving thru Hudson, MA and remembered a little ice cream place that we use to see when we were bike riding near the bike path. This place (formely Dairy Joy) is now Hudson Creamery. We ordered a fried combo plate of Whole Clams and Scallops, Cheeseburger and a Black and White Frappe. The service was friendly and smiles all around. They provide a huge cooler of ice water outside the window, it was nice since it was very hot out. They also have indoor or outdoor seating, lots of room. The inside was nice and cool and very clean so we chose to the inside dining area, The drinks we ordered were brought right over to our table, then a little while later the food came out and was delivered to us. Everything was pretty near perfect. Nothing greasy, nice thick cheeseburger cooked medium with some pink, the clams, scallops and frenchfries were not greasy. The Black and White Frappe washed everything down nicely. My wife had a Sierra Mist. The next table over the gentleman ordered a lobster roll and it looked Great, I was envious ! But our portions were huge so there was plenty and I was not hungry anymore. I told the owner or manager how impressed I was, he was quite happy to hear it. YES, we will be back !!!

Reviewed 15 May 2015

We all had lobster rolls which were great, nice big pieces. You can also get the roll with a drink and french fries.Well worth it. We then got ice cream cones and the while we only got small ones, the portions were excellent.

Reviewed 21 April 2015

I am no stranger, by any stretch of imagination, to seafood. I've had lobster rolls from Lobster Shack in Maine all-the-way to some of the best eateries in Rhode Island. They put a whole lobster, as far as I can say, in their rolls. The roll is grilled to perfection. There is very little amounts of "non-lobster" ingredients that goes in this amazing food. There is no "fishy" smell to it. It is as fresh as it is possible. Your first bite takes "beach side". The lobster is succulent. It is to die for. I usually put salt on everything including pizza!!!! But, I don't dare doing that to this delicious piece of heaven. It doesn't need anything else. The second bite makes you wanna get up and order a second one before being heart broken when you finish the first one. The staff is amazing and the owner is always there. He comes over and asks you if you liked what you ate. That is unique, for an ice cream stand. But, don't let the name fool you. You can't get this in a five-star resturant.
I do not care for sweets, I'm a savory kind-of-a-guy. However, in the past 5 years, I've been defenseless against their soft serve vanilla ice cream cone dipped in a scrumptious chocolate pool. By far, Hudson Dairy Joy is definitely an awsome "JOY".

1  Thank Sharam A
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Its pricey, and WORTH EVERY PENNY! Best FRIED CLAMS I swear! Hand made Onion Rings! FAT and plump lobstah rolls. And Icecream portions are HUGE! Order a KIDDY if you want a "small" - you should see the little kids with small cones (almost as big as their little heads, its a delight to watch!). Chef/owner is a great guy, who is SOOOOOOO proud of his shack and his food. And he should be - he sells WONDERFUL food and always has great servers!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Great food had the lobster roll not bad at 17.99 even had a coke and fries. Clean and organized quite and happy staff will be back!

Been to Hudson Dairy Joy? Share your experiences!