“A favorite place.”

Berkshire Mountain Bakery Incorporated
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Housatonic
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

When ever we are up in the Berkshires we make a point of stopping at the Berkshire Mountain bakery to pick up bread, croissants, chicken pot pie and sourdough pizza crust. The aroma of fresh baked bread is captivating. Types and styles of bread or extensive and range from regular wheat to ancient grains. The morning glory muffin tops and chocolate, almond croissants are worth the drive from anywhere. If you spend any time in the Berkshires you will probably taste some of their products at local restaurants. We always stock up for our five hour ride back home with enough groceries to last us several weeks. The products or freeze well. Definitely a place that I could recommend.

1  Thank Alamanga

Reviewed 8 October 2017

They make their own pizza and will make your pizza to order. They use their own sourdough crust and everything is delicious. We have gotten custom ordered and pizza from their menu and brought it home. The majority of their business is from people who bring home pizza and then cook it at home. It is the most delicious pizza we have ever eaten. They also sell bread and desserts, but for us, it is all about their pizza.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I've loved this bakery for 27 years, but yesterday I had a terrible experience in the housatonic store. I ordered a large pizza and was told there would be a 15 to 20 minute wait. Usually they beat their estimate, but I had to wait 1 hour! When I got the pizza home, it had very little topping on it, and they raised the price to $19.99. There was only 1 young man working at the dinner rush hour, and he clearly didn't care. They never provide an itemized bill, so you can't tell if you are being charged the right amount. I'd have contacted the owner, but there was no way to email him directly. I saw that other reviewers commented about bad service, so they've got a problem and the owner doesn't care enough to respond.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

My family has been buying bread from this bakery for years. Simply put, they are one of the better bakers of bread products that we have come across in the US. If you happen to be in the Berkshires, I strongly recommend you check them out. They typically have a good assortment of different breads and each one is really tasty.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Nestled in between Great Barrington and Lenox is the Berkshire Mountain Bakery in Housatonic. This is a fairly large operation as they supply baked goods to many of the restaurants in the Berkshires. They do have a small store at their main plant in Housatonic which we make a point of stopping in every time we are in the area. They offer a large selection of bread, croissants, rolls, cookies and spreads. All their items and are amongst the best we have ever had. With all there is to do in the Berkshires stopping at a bakery may not seem like a worthwhile use of time but if you stop by and sample the goods, you will be glad you did.