“Gold Standard Bakery”

Berkshire Mountain Bakery Incorporated
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Housatonic
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Croissants that would be applauded in Paris. A wide range of breads, cookies, pizza dough, all lovingly and masterfully prepared. They come to some of the local Farmer's Markets-but a trip to the Bakery from time to time is always rewarding.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

I visited this bakery 5 years ago, and remembered the fabulous bread. We stopped by for lunch and I had the best almond croissant of my life (and I've eaten quite a few over the years); my friend had a spinach croissant and she also gave it two thumbs up. Unfortunately, we weren't going home for several days so I couldn't take along some of their great breads. Worth a stop for a special, high-carb treat.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

We were driving through the area, and stopped out of curiosity. It's a small bakery with seasonal seating outside. The ciabatta we got were great, as were the bouchons - small chocolate treats. I ate my bouchon before we drove away, and it was all I could do not to go back for more.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

I have been a loyal customer of this bakery, and always enjoyed sharing their product with family and friends. Weekend gatherings we would always make sure we had a hefty supply of their Take & Bake pizza on hand. They have an amazing product. However, after my conversation with one of Berkshire Mountain Bakery's co-owner's today I will no longer do business with this company. We typically order 4-5 Take & Bake pizzas at a time. The price has always been $16/large. In Feb we ordered 5 large pizza's via telephone from their Pittsfield location. I double checked the website for the current price as I do realize sometimes that the take out menu sitting in the drawer could be old and not indicative of the current pricing. The price online was still $16 for the large take & bake pizzas. However, we were charged $19.99 per pizza this time. When I realized the error, I promptly called to inquire about the $4.00 price difference per pizza (a total of $20 for this order) and was told that their prices went up in the beginning of January. I was not aware of that price change, and proceeded to explain that the website still indicated the price to be $16. Simple right? The website needed to be updated, meanwhile it has always been my understanding that any business is required to honor the advertised price, this instance the $16 online price. Nope. They would not refund me the $20 that I felt was an overcharge for this transaction. I acknowledged the price change for future purchases but this particular transaction warranted a refund for the difference between the advertised price online versus the new price. In addition, I was also charged sales tax on this order even though it should be exempt from the meal tax as it was not a fully cooked take out item. They refunded me the $7.00 sales tax but would not honor the $16 online price, and would not refund the $20. Her response to my question of losing a customer over a $20 dispute, she suggested I read the fine print, prices are subject to change. Ok then, I guess I'll just change where I buy my pizza, bread, ciabbata's etc. ( I noticed that they did change the website prices for Pittsfield to $19.99, but the price for the same Take & Bake pizza in Housatonic is still $16)

2  Thank kmads1212
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

I am lucky to have such a gem in my neighborhood. The frozen crusts are a staple. If you need REAL ciabattas this is the place for you. Also delicious home cooked frozen soups and wonderful, fresh croissants can be purchased, not to mention yummy take-and-bake pizzas. Affordable, convenient and delicious.