“Horrible service”

Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We actually walked out due to the horrible service. We waited 15 minutes before we could finally wave a waiter over. Another 10 minutes before we could get a cup of coffee. The place was not busy, yet we continued to wait. Finally, after seeing the waiter take an order for a table that came in at least 10 minutes after us, we gave up.

We had a similar experience when the place first opened. No excuse now.

1  Thank Brzygal

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Great food, delightful atmosphere, antiques and lovely stain glass abound in the dining area!! Menu Selection is very good. We both chose the French toast, sides were eggs, fruit, chorizo and bacon, all for a reasonable price. Host is delightful, took us outside to view his garden area, covered in snow today, still lovely. Will go back!!!

Reviewed 11 March 2018

My wife and I had eaten here for dinner with friends perhaps three years ago, but since we live almost an hour away, hadn't been back since. Yesterday, a Saturday, on a whim, we returned for brunch, and are very glad we did. It's tough to describe the decor, other than to advise you to look at photos. People have described it as an antique store, but that's not really accurate. It's more of a curio shop--wild and wonderful. When there it makes me think of Fairfax, Mendocino, or Santa Cruz, California--truly offbeat! The chef is very creative and talented; so the food is worth the trip. Unfortunately, I do have to agree with other comments about the service. Not so much incompetent as a bit disorganized, and, halfway through our meal she disappeared. Which actually was good, since the chef took over serving us, which improved the service a lot. His welcoming personality adds to the experience. My wife had an order of complete savory crepes. I had a fish sandwich with beer-battered cod on whole wheat toast. Both came with a very tasty salad and home fries (The menu said they would be french fries, but these were good in any case, so no harm no foul). I tasted her crepes, and was particularly taken with the very subtle taste of the crepes themselves as opposed to the filling--ham, cheese, and eggs. My sandwich likewise was delicious. My wife had a cappuccino, and liked it well enough to have a second. All in all, we were glad we visited and would certainly return.

1  Thank RevL05
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Good food and welcoming atmosphere. Craig trips over himself to make his guests feel at home. The food selection is good. Choose your favorite savory or sweet crepes! Any omelette is possible.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

Recently brought my wife for a birthday brunch at Pleasant and Main. One of the more enjoyable dining experiences we've had since moving to the region three years ago.

Craig a fantastic host (and barista) started us off with a latte that ranks among the best I've ever had . Pleasant and Main offers a diverse menu with farm to table fare. Omelette was accompanied by fresh fruit, breakfast potatos and chorizo. My wife had french toast. Portion sizes were very generous. We wrapped up the meal by sharing a lemon crepe. On second thought... I should have ordered my own. That good!

While the food will be enough to make for a great experience, the eclectic surroundings only add to the aura of Pleasant and Main. Antiques abound. Tables are well spaced as to afford privacy for your party.

Pleasant and Main might be a little off the beaten path but well worth the effort to experience. We can't wait to return in the near future for their dinner offering.

1  Thank scojo8897