“Pricey, but lots of food”
Review of Hong Kong House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hong Kong House
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Hopedale
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Hong Kong House is halfway between home and work so I use it a lot. At work we order several times a week and they are prompt with the deliveries. When I order from home I pick it up (just 2 miles).

While the prices are a little high, the portions are a lot bigger than other places. The food is very good and the people are fine.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I and my fellow employees on the late shift order frequently. We get our deliveries fairly quickly. While the prices are a little high the quantity and quality of the food is terrific. Normally I will take some of my order home for the next day.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

Love the food in this place! It is tasty, well prepared and not greasy and not drowning in soy sauce. If you like soy sauce, add it yourself! Some foods like Egg Foo Y
ung were not on the menu but were available if asked. They have platter luncheons until 3 PM, but even later for an additional fee. The luncheons include you choice of rice, the main entree, salad, fruit cup and an app as well, all under $10. There really is no dining room area there, just a bar (board) against a wall with 4 or 5 stools in front of it. There is one small table, but people stopping in for their takeout may be sitting on the seats available.

Reviewed 16 January 2016

I have eaten at Hong Kong House at least half a dozen times. The staff is friendly and the food is always on time. The food is generally good. What I like about it is the vegetables are really fresh and the food is NEVER over fried or greasy. The only downside is that occasionally the dishes are a little under-seasoned. In particular the pad-thai could use more sauce/flavor. But in general the food is quite good. The beef and chicken are always cooked perfectly so that they are light and juicy. I would recommend Hong Kong House if you're looking for Chinese that isn't too "heavy."

Reviewed 6 January 2016 via mobile

I have worked for these people for the past year, I have learned many things. 1: the tip jar on the counter is not split with the employees answering the phones. 2: the customer is NEVER right. When your order is wrong, it is because you ordered it wrong. 3: they can't handle the volume of orders they get. 4: they DO NOT understand the concept of 1st in 1st out. If you walk in the door your order shoots right to the top of the orders being cooked. If you have ordered delivery be prepared for a long wait, you people don't matter to them. 5: they stole all of my tips from New Year's Eve. And blamed me for it...
Even though the food is good, the customer service is horrendous. So be prepared...