“Wonderful Food from down home restaurant.”

Val's Restaurant & Pizza
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Holden
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2017

We went to the restaurant for lunch for a family reunion/birthday party.We were seated in a small private area which was perfect for our group. The food was excellent and a nice surprise. Everyone in our party liked their dishes.The food was super hot. One had the prime rib....a couple had the shrimp,scallops and fish.......Val came to greet us which was very nice. We had our own bakery cake delivered which they graciously set up and served for us. A great experience and I would definately go back again.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a consistent meal and a wide variety whether it is seafood steak or Italian, Val's is the place to go. They offer nice salads with the meal and bread with a large variety of food to choose from. We have had fish and chips prime rib and swordfish all were delicious.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Today I had a great lunch. It was baked haddock, butternut squash, then soup or salad and dessert and coffee for only $11.99. Hot rolls were placed on the table ASAP. We sat on the bar side and the waitress/bartender was excellent. She has waited on us previously when we sat in the bar area and I'm sorry I don't have her name...She is pleasant, quick..Very helpful w/a friend today who has an allergy. I see myself returning to Val's sooner than my last visit. Not only the food helps to make a pleasant lunch time, but the server has a lot to do with it. Her attitude was perfect...

Reviewed 27 July 2017

This is the kind of place that probably has a deeply satisfying relationship with Sysco the food supplier, the one that comes with the big trucks. The food here is not really dreadful, it's just the kind of food that makes you wish you had had the intelligence to stay home and eat Grape Nuts for dinner instead of going out and blowing $50 on nothing. I will say one thing about this place, most of the patrons seemed to be very enthusiastic eaters, judging by appearances. And it is centrally located, in a town that has just about zero decent restaurants. We've lived here for decades, and for decades one has had to drive at least a half hour to get an interesting meal. That is still the case.

4  Thank jah1954
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

The family gets together once a year. We come in from all over and meet for dinner at Vals. Well that was tonight. The service was excellent and the food (as always) was wonderful! Good food, good price, excellent conversations. Who could ask for more?