“The best Chinese food anywhere in the Hingham area by far”

Ocean Kai Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 76 Restaurants in Hingham
Reviewed 23 August 2016

My wife and I have been going to the Ocean Kai for almost 15 years now, they have the greatest Chinese food, my wife loves the boned spare ribs (Whom the owner Jimmy hand selects himself) I love thier general chau chicken. They have great lowmein as well.

Reviewed 25 June 2016

We have gone to Ocean Kai several times. Nice family style in an old fashioned way for its traditional Cantonese style food, like pork strips, ribs, chow mein even Chicago style, with the tea, noodles, and even Keeno. A favorite for take out. We have brought a big group of ten or more and they set us up with high chair for baby, too. Easy comfort style with reasonable prices. Next to a boat yard and laundry mat on Rt. 3A across from the Hingham Ferry.

Reviewed 29 January 2016

sat at a table in the bar area as the bar was completely full, sat at a table for 20 min and no one acknowleged me, went up to the bar and still no one saw me. i decided to leave. no service to be had there unless you were already seated at the bar. WORST SERVICE EVER.

Reviewed 22 January 2016

Probably the worst meal I have ever had in a very long time. We were a large party and every dish that came to the table looked the same, super greasy and flavorless. No one could eat their food. For example sweet and sour chicken is fried chicken fingers with corn syrup on top and a few pieces of pineapple. This was an insult to asian cuisine~!

Reviewed 14 January 2016

I live walking distance from this interesting venue. Ordered veggie egg rolls and lo mein. Both were quite credible and the gal at counter was nice.Of note, the following day I had an emission from my tail end which looked almost exactly like the egg roll (minus the wrapping). I will be back to OCEAN KAI to see if I can replicate this,